Premed 101 Forums
Hello10101

Interview Invites 2018/2019 cycle

44 minutes ago, CapriciousCapricorn said:

Did any OOP receive invites today? Or should we assume all the OOP invites have been sent out already and let this ship sail.... :(

I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!! :(

2 minutes ago, gradstudmunNL said:

Do you guys think all invites have been sent out? Just want to know so I can move on already lol

This is just speculation, but the deadline for me to accept the interview was not until last Friday. So if some people didn't RSVP by Friday it is possible that they will send more invites out to fill those interview spots.

Wishing you luck!!

4 minutes ago, crazybananas411 said:

This is just speculation, but the deadline for me to accept the interview was not until last Friday. So if some people didn't RSVP by Friday it is possible that they will send more invites out to fill those interview spots.

Wishing you luck!!

Just gonna piggy-back on this, I received mine Friday and I have up until Wednesday to accept!

Sorry for the late response (new to these forum things)

I received an interview invite on Friday October 12th around 9am EDT 

GPA: honestly not too sure on the conversion to Newfoundland grading system, but my guess is around 3.84 cumulative 

MCAT: 126, 128, 128, 132 (total 514) 

EC's: experience working as a clinical research assistant and in the cancer genetics department at a hospital; participated in a research project with an Ontario Amish community; volunteer(ed) with various cancer programs; work as an upper year mentor to first year students in my program; no formal publications but a couple of poster presentations.

I'm OOP (Ontario), but was born in St. John's and lived there for the first 5 years of my life, so not sure if that factored in at all. 

I submitted fairly early around August 29th and wrote my MCAT in June.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting - as others have mentioned I had until Oct 12th to accept so they could still be sending out invites based on that! . 

7 hours ago, Why am I here said:

Just wondering, did anyone from NS get an interview invite? I am debating if MUN just doesn’t like us or if my application really sucks. 

Competing for only 6 seats with all the rest of Canada = tough

Called them today (Oct 22) and the invite process is still ongoing. Everyone will know by the end of this week if there is invite/rejection. The person did not know if invites have stopped completely. 

4 minutes ago, Plastics96 said:

Got the rejection letter today. Ontario applicant. Was expected. Good luck and congrats to everyone who received an interview! 

Same