Premed 101 Forums

Question about referees

Hi everyone,

Sadly I have one "email sent" notification remaining on my referee page. Could it be that OMSAS is still processing their submission if they submitted it shortly before 4:30pm? I'm also quite sure this means my application won't be considered for Toronto now.

From my phone call, the lady from OMSAS told me it should change almost immediately. This is in contradiction with the info shared by some other members on these forums who mentioned it took them weeks to have the status change. I'm guessing this could have been the referee not telling the truth since my referee's status changed today to "received", again, almost immediately after it was submitted.

Thankfully, Toronto changed the referee deadline to October 5th.

2 hours ago, Nik- said:

From my phone call, the lady from OMSAS told me it should change almost immediately. This is in contradiction with the info shared by some other members on these forums who mentioned it took them weeks to have the status change. I'm guessing this could have been the referee not telling the truth since my referee's status changed today to "received", again, almost immediately after it was submitted.

Thankfully, Toronto changed the referee deadline to October 5th.

That could very well be the case. I'm glad everything turned out alright !

1 hour ago, iSpawnTrapInMW2 said:

That could very well be the case. I'm glad everything turned out alright !

Thanks for your replies! I am quite relieved too, even though Toronto is my long-shot since I'm not eligible for their wGPA. 

Archived