Premed 101 Forums

Few general questions.. help!!

I know how U of T's GPA weighting system works, but how does it work if you are not eligible for weighting? Is it just cGPA minus summer courses?

Also, I know they do not consider summer courses, though I have a few very low marks in summer courses. Would those on my transcript along with some withdrawals hurt me?

How heavily are EC's weighed?

Thank you for accepting this word-vomit of a post.

:)

9 hours ago, MDPLZ said:

I know how U of T's GPA weighting system works, but how does it work if you are not eligible for weighting? Is it just cGPA minus summer courses?

Also, I know they do not consider summer courses, though I have a few very low marks in summer courses. Would those on my transcript along with some withdrawals hurt me?

How heavily are EC's weighed?

Thank you for accepting this word-vomit of a post.

:)

Yes, calculate your cGPA without your summer courses included. :)

Withdrawals should be explained in the academic explanations essay, so you should be fine. (See the bottom of this page under the tab for undergraduates)

EC's, reference letters, and the essays are all fairly important for UofT. If you look at the accepted/rejected thread on here, there are always applicants with high GPAs that get rejected pre-interview.

Goodluck!

2 hours ago, caramilk said:

Yes, calculate your cGPA without your summer courses included. :)

Withdrawals should be explained in the academic explanations essay, so you should be fine. (See the bottom of this page under the tab for undergraduates)

EC's, reference letters, and the essays are all fairly important for UofT. If you look at the accepted/rejected thread on here, there are always applicants with high GPAs that get rejected pre-interview.

Goodluck!

Thank you so so much!

Archived