Premed 101 Forums

DAT Transcripts

I wrote the Feb 2018 DAT and am in the process of applying to dental school. I'm wondering if the DAT transcripts are automatically sent to the schools that I selected during registration for the exam, or if I need to request them to be sent. My understanding is that all transcript request fees were included in the registration fee for the five schools I had selected. But, the only way to request for transcripts on CDA's website is to request for "additional transcripts" that have additional fees. I've been in contact with CDA but they haven't provided much clarification. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me.

I had that same issue too. I reordered the transcripts during my application but that's probably out of fear than necessity. However, I recall something like, if the schools already have your profile, meaning you've started your application before writing the DAT, then you're good otherwise you'll have to resend your scores. If someone can double check for me that'd be great.

Just to add to what Arkragon said, I would recommend calling the schools and making sure they recieved your transcript. One of my friends was applying to NYU a few years ago and they never recieved her transcript. She had to call the DAT co-ordinator and get it sent out but by then it was too late :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 5:12 AM, rocmarc said:

I was wondering this too. Dunno if you're applying there but I contacted UBC and they said if I checked off UBC during the DAT application during an earlier sitting of the exam they should still have it. I'm still kinda paranoid about it though.

I called UofT and they said the same thing. I'm also still kinda paranoid... s:

1 hour ago, LightningBoltz said:

Just curious if theres any updates on this question, im curious too since ill be in this position soon

I just received a confirmation email from UofT saying that they've reviewed my application and received all the required supporting documents. I guess this means the CDA did automatically send my DAT transcript to the school.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:36 PM, Starburst said:

Just to add to what Arkragon said, I would recommend calling the schools and making sure they recieved your transcript. One of my friends was applying to NYU a few years ago and they never recieved her transcript. She had to call the DAT co-ordinator and get it sent out but by then it was too late :/

Off topics but damn Starburst, congrats on the interview lol you're perfect so far, do you have any preference for Canadian vs. American schools? I'm also applying to UBC and american schools this cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, themuffinman11 said:

Off topics but damn Starburst, congrats on the interview lol you're perfect so far, do you have any preference for Canadian vs. American schools? I'm also applying to UBC and american schools this cycle

Thanks! I wana stay in Michigan so that's gonna be my 1st choice :)

Archived