Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ssj0123

Applying after PhD (in Canada)

Hello fellow non-traditional applicants!,

I will be applying to medical school after the completion of my PhD (still 2 years to go) but I was looking at the requirements for different schools and had a question regarding the science pre-requisite courses. When looking at McGill, it specifically says that it expires 8 years, however when I was looking at other schools such as UofT I was not able to find any information regarding this. Was wondering if anyone knew more based on their experience (as if it this is the case for most of the schools then I will probably have to retake all the courses :( ) 

Thank you for your help! 

43 minutes ago, ssj0123 said:

Hello fellow non-traditional applicants!,

I will be applying to medical school after the completion of my PhD (still 2 years to go) but I was looking at the requirements for different schools and had a question regarding the science pre-requisite courses. When looking at McGill, it specifically says that it expires 8 years, however when I was looking at other schools such as UofT I was not able to find any information regarding this. Was wondering if anyone knew more based on their experience (as if it this is the case for most of the schools then I will probably have to retake all the courses :(

Thank you for your help! 

unfortunately I can't tell you the specifics were the other schools. This wasn't even something that I had looked up. I can't tell you how ever that I had no issues with this any of the Ontario schools, and yet after my PhD some of my prerequisites would have been ~9 years old.