Premed 101 Forums

Is my MCAT sufficient?

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Aegean said:

hi everyone...i just got my mcat scores back today..wrote on sept 19.

wGPA: 3.866

MCAT: 512 (128/126/128/130)

Will I get screened out? I am especially worried about my CARS score.

You might get screened based on your CARS score, and you might not. It depends on the applicant pool, no way to tell. 

On 10/23/2018 at 4:51 PM, Aegean said:

hi everyone...i just got my mcat scores back today..wrote on sept 19.

wGPA: 3.866

MCAT: 512 (128/126/128/130)

Will I get screened out? I am especially worried about my CARS score.

I have a friend from last year that got in with a 126 in CARS. You won't get screened based on CARS. Although the overall MCAT score and GPA may play a factor. 

5 hours ago, Potentiate said:

I have a friend from last year that got in with a 126 in CARS. You won't get screened based on CARS. Although the overall MCAT score and GPA may play a factor. 

Last year's cutoffs have no bearing on this year's since they each rely on the applicant pool. 126 CARS has usually been good enough but that doesn't mean it will be this year. 

2 minutes ago, ysera said:

Last year's cutoffs have no bearing on this year's since they each rely on the applicant pool. 126 CARS has usually been good enough but that doesn't mean it will be this year. 

Very true, luckily the last two years it has been xD. Who knows what this year will be, gets more competitive every year it seems.

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, PreMed#219099 said:

Hi,

I was just wondering if my MCAT is too low for Queens (506: 128/126/126/126)? I really appreciate the help! Thank you!

It's impossible to say as they do not release this information to us. While you may meet individual cutoffs, you may not meet the composite score cutoff, or vice versa. Everyone here is just as uncertain about their criteria as you are, unfortunately!

2 hours ago, Arrrrrr-ginine said:

125/126/125/126

So....I'm definitely out...sigh...why did I even bother applying and wasting my money....I wish they would post it so that we could self-evaluate and not apply!! 

:(

They don't know the cutoffs until they analyze the applicant pool. It changes every year. But yes you are 100% out as you probably are below a couple of the section cutoffs and also the composite score cutoff. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...