Premed 101 Forums

asdasdasd

Didn't take the online route eh? References definitely mailed in their letters? UoT seems pretty strict "The deadline for receiving references is October 1, 2018. If OMSAS does not receive your reference by this date, your application to the University of Toronto’s MD Program will be incomplete and will not be considered. It is your responsibility to ensure that OMSAS receives your references (narrative letters and Confidential Assessment Forms) by the deadline."

Can always try and call if you want. Good luck!

Luckily other schools have later deadlines. One thing I did back when paper was the only option was to email the peeps one month out about the deadline, and then 2 weeks before the deadline asking again if they can mail it in ASAP that week. Some people just get busy and put it off. Super stressful I understand. Hopefully, the letters come in soon, and this cycle is not yet over so might hear good news yet ( unless UoT was the only school you applied. And if nothing pans out this year, you are prepared for the next cycle. Again, sorry that this happened, definitely not an easy thing to deal with.

Edit: Read another of your posts, and your mail services sent you info that all the letters were received by OMSAS in August? That's a different story. OMSAS maybe is still sifting through their letters. What did they say to that information, Toronto can't penalize you for OMSAS' mess up.

always struck me a bit unfair with that cut off - you cannot perfectly track the letters after all and things are not completely in your control. I do wonder how strict they are with it. 

In any case for the best case in a worst case situation - get those letters in immediately. 

Ahh that sucks. Even if UofT is a lost cause, you should still get it sorted for your other schools. I think one ontario schools deadline for references is Nov 1rst (queens?). And maybe the fact that you have the tracking # and some evidence would help you with UofT. Otherwise it's out of your control and not really your fault. One of my references submitted (online) literally on Oct 1 lol but I wasnt applying to uoft anyways so it wasnt a big deal. 

The thing i find weird is that they have none of your references? I dont think all 3 couldve messed up mailing them? Is there anyway that you made a mistake in telling them where to mail the letters? 

Archived