Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
T-cell

Submitting ASB via SAM

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Are we supposed to submit the ASB via the "Submit a new message" link or "Upload a document link"? 

Has anyone already done this? 

Is uploading the PDF as it is ok? No need to remain file etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, ya I agree with adding no names etc. to file because the purpose of using initials is to keep the process anonymous. 

And it doesn't say anywhere to rename the file right? So I would keep is as it is and submit it!

Has anyone contacted admissions about this maybe and can chyme in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T-cell said:

Hey, ya I agree with adding no names etc. to file because the purpose of using initials is to keep the process anonymous. 

And it doesn't say anywhere to rename the file right? So I would keep is as it is and submit it!

Has anyone contacted admissions about this maybe and can chyme in? 

I already uploaded the file but are we allowed to change the file name after?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting an error where their file is too large to upload? Mine is coming out to 8.3 MB whereas the max upload is 5 MB. 

Edit: I used smallpdf.com to compress it, but maybe try copying from word/google docs --> notepad --> pdf before you submit. I double checked everything after compression for typos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dehindu said:

Is anyone else getting an error where their file is too large to upload? Mine is coming out to 8.3 MB whereas the max upload is 5 MB. 

Edit: I used smallpdf.com to compress it, but maybe try copying from word/google docs --> notepad --> pdf before you submit. I double checked everything after compression for typos. 

How'd yours get so big? o.O Although I have yet to finish, it still hasn't passed a megabyte...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rabeprazole said:

How'd yours get so big? o.O Although I have yet to finish, it still hasn't passed a megabyte...

LOL, wondering the same thing!

Also, did anyone else write their essays in a word doc and then copy and paste them in to the boxes in the PDF? Cause I did and I might be really tired from editing all day but it looks like some boxes have different fonts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, T-cell said:

LOL, wondering the same thing!

Also, did anyone else write their essays in a word doc and then copy and paste them in to the boxes in the PDF? Cause I did and I might be really tired from editing all day but it looks like some boxes have different fonts...

I also did and I also noticed the difference, however I believe that the PDF resizes the font based on how much you write. For example, when you first write in a text box it's bigger, but as you fill it up, the font automatically decreases. It's not like it changes to a different typeface though. No need to worry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rabeprazole said:

I also did and I also noticed the difference, however I believe that the PDF resizes the font based on how much you write. For example, when you first write in a text box it's bigger, but as you fill it up, the font automatically decreases. It's not like it changes to a different typeface though. No need to worry!

Ok, sounds good! Best of luck with your app:)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...