Premed 101 Forums

Reusing Excerpts from Toronto ABS essays on Western ABS

Would this be looked down, or more importantly, do they run it through turnitin and it'll look like cheating?

Since we're using some of the same activities it's only natural that our descriptions of those activities will be similar. Obviously the overall essay is different because they have a different focus, but still.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows more about this issue :)

15 minutes ago, chiynadoll said:

I emailed adcom to not submit my essay in to turn it in because I reused parts from previous years' applications. 

Edit: My bad, I thought this was a UofT thread.

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that for my UofT essays (some of which are reused from last year) but I'm still wondering whether Western will be running them through turnitin.

1 minute ago, yohohoy said:

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that for my UofT essays (some of which are reused from last year) but I'm still wondering whether Western will be running them through turnitin.

i think they only upload the brief personal essays to turn it in, not the detailed ABS. reread what it says on the website its easy to miss the first time

15 minutes ago, Gironomo said:

i think they only upload the brief personal essays to turn it in, not the detailed ABS. reread what it says on the website its easy to miss the first time

Thank you very much, I actually recall reading that in the past and even telling my friend that, I just forgot for some reason.

Appreciate it :) 

Archived