Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys,

I graduated with a BSc in Biology but my GPA wasn't that great. It is a 3.0 cumulative. I never took my MCAT yet because I am working full time in clinical research ( i got a real job once i graduated) but I am studying for my MCAT. I was planning on taking it next year early in March so I would have an idea of what to do. I wanted to go back to school but I don't want to take time off of work, also I asked some med schools in Ontario and a lot of them said that they take undergrad grades. What should I do?

Well, you need another undergrad degree with a competitive GPA. Ideally in full time studies with a full course load. How you accomplish that and continue to work is an impossibility. You cannot have the best of all worlds. You ask what you should do. How badly do you want it, are you prepared to risk losing your employment in the hope of making it down the road? No risk, no reward! I don't know what you should do.  

Maybe if you have just one year above 3.7 , redo the MCAT,  you have a chance at a conditional offer at western (on the basis of still being enrolled at the time of application) 

Don't give up! Theres always a way but if you constantly keep thinking of the negatives, that's all you'll see. Even if there's only one way of getting in to med school left, nothing is impossible.  

Archived