Premed 101 Forums

A Cautionary Tale: 7 years as a premed gunner with an A average & Why I chose Money over medicine

canucks_14

9 hours ago, VigoVirgo said:

I mean what a bunch of red flags. Must have a completely insufferable personality. I've genuinely never seen something like this. It belongs in a sequel to American Psycho or something. Absolutely bizarre.

Reminds me so much of my first ever Tinder date lol. Told him I wanted med to give back to my community who desperately needs FM physicians and he told me it was a waste of time and that I should go into consulting because $$$$.

7 hours ago, Chels1267 said:

Reminds me so much of my first ever Tinder date lol. Told him I wanted med to give back to my community who desperately needs FM physicians and he told me it was a waste of time and that I should go into consulting because $$$$.

Hahahahahahahaha. I’m hoping it was a one and done 

10 hours ago, Chels1267 said:

Lmao. Did he at least pay for the meal?

Are you actually that proud of yourself or are you instead seeking people who will tell you how proud they are of your "best application of all time" (that still didn't get you an acceptance)?

BTW, people (especially older patients) aren't healthier than ever. Rather, medicine has progressed so much that it can now compensate for most illnesses and make it look like people are aging with a better health. Take away your average old person's pumps and pills and you'll see that they aren't very healthy after all. I think medicine still has a very bright future ahead.

But you must know better with your superficial analysis of the whole situation.

1 hour ago, LostLamb said:

Thanks for saying what my inside voice was thinking.

i am also worried about OP but not sure what we can do via a message board. 

Thanks for sharing, canucks_14, good luck!

Honestly  there is probably nothing we can do. I would put my money on this guy having a personality disorder of some sort (likely narcissistic based on all his clear delusions of grandeur) and you really can't treat a personality disorder in the same sense you can treat depression. You can try to make them aware of their behaviours/actions and how it might affect others, and social norms or whatever, but ultimately at the core there is no treatment for personality disorders.

Or maybe this was just the most elaborate 7 year trolling plan ever conceived lol.

5 hours ago, VigoVirgo said:

Honestly  there is probably nothing we can do. I would put my money on this guy having a personality disorder of some sort (likely narcissistic based on all his clear delusions of grandeur) and you really can't treat a personality disorder in the same sense you can treat depression. You can try to make them aware of their behaviours/actions and how it might affect others, and social norms or whatever, but ultimately at the core there is no treatment for personality disorders.

Or maybe this was just the most elaborate 7 year trolling plan ever conceived lol.

Yes, I know we are limited in what assistance we can provide, it was more rhetorical commentary than anything else.

And yes, I also know about PDs and what we can/not do. I’m a senior resident in psychiatry. 

But, thanks. :)

1 hour ago, LostLamb said:

Yes, I know we are limited in what assistance we can provide, it was more rhetorical commentary than anything else.

And yes, I also know about PDs and what we can/not do. I’m a senior resident in psychiatry. 

But, thanks. :)

Yes I noticed the PGY 5 on your profile congratulations, impressive. 

Maybe it’s just sour grapes about not getting a med offer and trying to convince himself that it’s a good thing her never went into med. 

which it probably is for both sides. He will make far more money in finance and the public will get a far more compassionate person as their doctor.

Honestly, it's probably for the best to just let this thread die. It might become an echo chamber for like-minded people which is the last thing I wanna see lol. I wish OP the best and am grateful they weren't one of the people who manage to slip through the cracks and gained acceptance. :rolleyes:

• Arztin locked this topic

Archived