Premed 101 Forums

Interviews 2019

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, thepineapple said:

I'm OOP too (Ontario) and haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully they'll do a second round of invites if some people reject the original invite. 

We can hope. I wish they would have sent rejections out at the same time, like they have in previous years. :unsure:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you application stats UWCC? 

I had decent stats in applying which is why i'm feeling a little sad. I was really hoping for Dal because they see my best GPA with the last 2 years policy

GPA: 3.89 (since they only look at the last 2 years, it works out in my favour big time)

MCAT: 508

ECs/Research: Excellent. 3 papers and lots of research within my undergrad, lots of long-term extracurriculars 

Awards: some good ones

I am OOP (Ontario) and received my interview invite at 2:20pm today! I'm assuming a second round will be sent out in case people turn down their invites?

MCAT: 514

GPA: 3.9

Maritime essay: mostly about family connections

ECs: Varsity sport, music, part time job since high school. No research. 

I'm OOP had 4.0 and 518 MCAT, a solid maritime essay and got no interview. 

I expected it tbh, med schools hate OOPs and expect them to jump ridiculous hurdles. It was 589 OOPs competing for 15 spots, and it was mainly based on the maritime essay after meeting cut offs. 

The admission process (especially for OOPs) is complete bullsh*t, and I'm pretty relieved I don't have to think about this school anymore. 

1 minute ago, lombardio said:

I'm OOP had 4.0 and 518 MCAT, a solid maritime essay and got no interview. 

I expected it tbh, med schools hate OOPs and expect them to jump ridiculous hurdles. It was 589 OOPs competing for 15 spots, and it was mainly based on the maritime essay after meeting cut offs. 

The admission process (especially for OOPs) is complete bullsh*t, and I'm pretty relieved I don't have to think about this school anymore. 

Did you receive a rejection letter?

4 hours ago, thepineapple said:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you application stats UWCC? 

I had decent stats in applying which is why i'm feeling a little sad. I was really hoping for Dal because they see my best GPA with the last 2 years policy

GPA: 3.89 (since they only look at the last 2 years, it works out in my favour big time)

MCAT: 508

ECs/Research: Excellent. 3 papers and lots of research within my undergrad, lots of long-term extracurriculars 

Awards: some good ones

Your stats look great, it's unfortunate that we are lacking definite closure at the moment :unsure:... my stats are: 

GPA: 3.9 

MCAT: 89th percentile, above section minimums 

ECs/Research: not that they matter at this stage, but I'd say I have a decent variety of things that are important to me, academic and athletic awards,  employment leadership positions, and a few strong medically-related positions.

Maritime Connection: I believed that this was strong, as half of my family is from the Maritimes, and they have lived there continuously for a very VERY long time. Myself and my immediate family (I was born and raised outside of region) remain closely tied to them - we visited many times, we keep in touch. My essay was personal/emotional, but also directly stated my motivations for wanting to study and work in the Maritimes. 

I'm upset, but I know the competition is insane. Maybe the essay didn't sit well with the reviewer...maybe it was too honest or personal in a sense? I am not sure...

4 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Or theres been some technical error and not everyone has recieved their interview email. Not unheard of.

I really hope this is the case. How long is the office open? I might give them a call when I Get home.

I had a very emotional maritime connection essay, parts of which I used for my Western ABS sketch. Depending on how this goes I might re-think my strategy towards writing essays for medical schools. 

Just now, ysera said:

I really hope this is the case. How long is the office open? I might give them a call when I Get home.

I had a very emotional maritime connection essay, parts of which I used for my Western ABS sketch. Depending on how this goes I might re-think my strategy towards writing essays for medical schools. 

Unfortunately they're probably closed now. Its 7 PM there now

1 hour ago, SLC6A4 said:

Also rejected OOP, for reference:

GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 521+

Maritime Essay: Pretty strong, have a tangible connection, guess it wasn't enough though

EC's: solid, but doesn't matter since all they care about is the Maritime essay

Did you get a rejection email?

Archived