Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

On 5/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, OTtobe said:

Has anyone who has been accepted to Dal (recommended to the SGS) received the official letter/email from then SGS yet? If so about how long after getting the email from Chrissy did you hear from the SGS? And mail or email?

I received my e-mail from Chrissy on April 9, and my letter (e-mail) from SGS on the 11th. I'm also from NL!

On 4/2/2019 at 12:29 AM, OThopesdreams said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): Queen's 1st Time (OT)
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa: 3.77  s-gpa: 3.94

Perceived Strengths: While I've done a lot of volunteering with various organizations and supported children and youth with disabilities in recreational programs for 5+ years, I was very sick at the time that the application was due and had to scramble to get it in. I think my essays were okay (not great) and references were good, but I looked back at the CV version I submitted and saw that it had some alarming grammar mistakes and was poorly organized. Unfortunately, it was the best I could do, as I was not feeling like myself. I am fully expecting to be rejected because of this, but I'm wondering, has anyone heard back from Queens OT? I would just like to get it over with at this point. I'm looking forward to reapplying next year and I wish all of this year's applicants the best of luck! 

Hey, I do hope you feel better soon. I know it's nerve-wracking. 

All of the Ontario universities will send out their decisions on May 17th, on ORPAS. 

7 hours ago, Anonymous1 said:

Has anyone on the wait list heard back from McMaster OT? Since interviews are over that must mean it’s a rejection? But I never received an email and it still says status pending... 

Hey, all of the Ontario universities will send out their admission decisions on May 17th. So keep an eye out for your email and ORPAS. 

Best of luck. :) 

@OTMACPLS Thanks so much!  I'm pretty positive that I didn't get in this year due to my application being a mess. Since I'm expecting it, the blow shouldn't be so bad next week! I've done some additional volunteering since applying, so I believe my application will be much stronger next cycle! A western prof has also agreed to be my thesis supervisor,  so hopefully, that will help. I will just have to conquer CASPER! I plan to start the application much earlier next cycle, as well, to ensure that it's polished and perfected! 

32 minutes ago, OThopesdreams said:

@OTMACPLS Thanks so much!  I'm pretty positive that I didn't get in this year due to my application being a mess. Since I'm expecting it, the blow shouldn't be so bad next week! I've done some additional volunteering since applying, so I believe my application will be much stronger next cycle! A western prof has also agreed to be my thesis supervisor,  so hopefully, that will help. I will just have to conquer CASPER! I plan to start the application much earlier next cycle, as well, to ensure that it's polished and perfected! 

No worries! That's an awesome attitude and great planning on your part, both emotionally and for you application. I do hope you get in though, you sound passionate and articulate! I wish the best for both of us haha. 

21 hours ago, OTMACPLS said:

No worries! That's an awesome attitude and great planning on your part, both emotionally and for you application. I do hope you get in though, you sound passionate and articulate! I wish the best for both of us haha. 

@OTMACPLS Best of luck to you as well! If you end up having to reapply next year, I would be happy to compare/review personal statements and CVs! Having an extra set of eyes look them over would be so helpful. Hopefully, you get in so this won't be necessary! 

On 5/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, OThopesdreams said:

@OTMACPLS Best of luck to you as well! If you end up having to reapply next year, I would be happy to compare/review personal statements and CVs! Having an extra set of eyes look them over would be so helpful. Hopefully, you get in so this won't be necessary! 

That's sweet of you to offer, let's do it! I'm always open to constructive critique. But hopefully neither of us will need it. ;) 

Just wondering whether anyone with a sGPA 3.75 is seeing the “invited” notification on their UofT student account?  From my understanding, I believe it is a really good sign and may potentially indicate acceptance into the program. I believe a few individuals are able to see this, and all of them have higher sGPA’s than a 3.75. Since that’s what my sGPA is, I am wondering how my chances are looking. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance :) 

18 hours ago, futureOT08 said:

Just wondering whether anyone with a sGPA 3.75 is seeing the “invited” notification on their UofT student account?  From my understanding, I believe it is a really good sign and may potentially indicate acceptance into the program. I believe a few individuals are able to see this, and all of them have higher sGPA’s than a 3.75. Since that’s what my sGPA is, I am wondering how my chances are looking. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance :) 

I've never applied to U of T prior to this, and I'm seeing "invited" on my ACORN account as well. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if it's a good sign. Please let it be a good sign.  *praying emoji lol*

(sGPA of 3.87 for me). 

39 minutes ago, OTMACPLS said:

I've never applied to U of T prior to this, and I'm seeing "invited" on my ACORN account as well. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if it's a good sign. Please let it be a good sign.  *praying emoji lol*

(sGPA of 3.87 for me). 

How do you get access to the ACORN account? Do you have to be an undergrad alumni of UofT to have access? 

55 minutes ago, OTMACPLS said:

(sGPA of 3.87 for me). 

Would you mind sharing how you gained access to the ACORN account without being a UofT student?

15 minutes ago, sdominik said:

How do you get access to the ACORN account? Do you have to be an undergrad alumni of UofT to have access? 

They should have sent you an email about activating your ID on the email you gave ORPAS. Make sure to check that and activate it. :) I'm not U of T alum, nor have I applied there before and I still have access to ACORN. Hope that helps ease your worries a bit. 

1 minute ago, futureOT08 said:

Would you mind sharing how you gained access to the ACORN account without being a UofT student?

Have you checked the email you gave ORPAS? They aught to have sent you an email about activating your U of T ID and getting access to ACORN. Check that and let me know if you got anything. :) 

2 minutes ago, OTMACPLS said:

Have you checked the email you gave ORPAS? They aught to have sent you an email about activating your U of T ID and getting access to ACORN. Check that and let me know if you got anything. :) 

Did you apply to OT or PT? I applied to PT and I am not seeing any emails regarding UofT ID :confused: