Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

1 hour ago, OTMACPLS said:

I've never applied to U of T prior to this, and I'm seeing "invited" on my ACORN account as well. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if it's a good sign. Please let it be a good sign.  *praying emoji lol*

(sGPA of 3.87 for me). 

When did you receive an email about activating your ACORN account?

Just now, aspiringphysiotherapist said:

I see an invite to MSPT on my Acorn so I don't think it's exclusively OT

But u did ur undergrad at U of T right? We r trying to figure out if someone didn't do their undergrad at U of T how they got access to ACORN and like if they received the email about activating ACORN way back when we first submitted applications or if it was after the CAP

Just now, PT-applicant said:

But u did ur undergrad at U of T right? We r trying to figure out if someone didn't do their undergrad at U of T how they got access to ACORN and like if they received the email about activating ACORN way back when we first submitted applications or if it was after the CAP

I got this email on May 10th. 

Hi.
Today I got email of acceptance to McGill OT
If I accept my acceptance at McGill university now before Ontario universities send acceptances on May 17,then will I be able to send acceptance in Ontario OT universities and say no to McGill? Deadline to accept McGill is may 20.

10 minutes ago, OTschool2019 said:

Did everyone applying to OT get an email from western making sure their account is up to date to check for offers? Trying to see if this was sent to everyone ! I didn’t get this email last time I applied !!! 

I got this email for both Western OT and PT!

13 minutes ago, OTschool2019 said:

Did everyone applying to OT get an email from western making sure their account is up to date to check for offers? Trying to see if this was sent to everyone ! I didn’t get this email last time I applied !!! 

I got this email as well.

I did not receive yet any email from Western .

But  I got email of acceptance to McGill OT.kindly provide your opinion here.
If I accept the offer from McGill university now before their Deadline to accept on  May 20 . And later Ontario universities send me acceptance email  after May 20 ,then will I be able to send Rejection to McGill and Acceptance to any of Ontario OT universities ??

3 hours ago, OTMACPLS said:

You won't receive anything official until May 17th I'm afraid. 

Yes, that’s right. But I haven’t received any emails like the one that you received on May 10 to active the ACORN account. I’m wondering whether this may indicate some bad news for me :(

3 hours ago, aspiringphysiotherapist said:

I see an invite to MSPT on my Acorn so I don't think it's exclusively OT but I did go to U of T so that's how I have an Acorn account

I’m not from Ontario, so I was wondering if you received it on your “acorn” (i’m assuming it’s like the online student services centre), did you receive an offer on ORPAS as well?

4 minutes ago, Probablypt said:

I’m not from Ontario, so I was wondering if you received it on your “acorn” (i’m assuming it’s like the online student services centre), did you receive an offer on ORPAS as well?

I only see it on acorn, I don’t see anything on ORPAS so I don’t want to get my hopes up yet :( 

2 hours ago, OTschool2019 said:

I got this email from Western OT as well.  I only applied to Western so I am not sure about other schools.

I am from Quebec, and received the email to make an account on ACORN, I was wondering if anyone else has their status on ACORN as  'invited ' and does this mean anything given that the email clearly states that it was not an offer of admissions'? 

I got the Email for Western!

Second Time Applicant here, and I didn't get such an email last year (Lower 3rd of the Waitlist) but maybe they changed their procedure this year. Unlike Queen's with the scholarship email there isn't much of a precedence with Western

Fingers Crossed though, the anxiety is building, and it almost sabotaged my UK physio interview xD

8 hours ago, OT2B said:

I am from Quebec, and received the email to make an account on ACORN, I was wondering if anyone else has their status on ACORN as  'invited ' and does this mean anything given that the email clearly states that it was not an offer of admissions'? 

I believe it means you are most likely accepted into the program - I think the reason they state that it’s not an offer of admission is only because they cannot disclose anything officially until May 17