Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

1 hour ago, medschover30 said:

Just received an email from McMaster saying I'm waitlisted for an MMI invitation. Do they send rejections? Or does everyone that didn't get offered an interview get placed on the waitlist?

Hey received an email from McMaster as well for being waitlisted for an MMI invitation. I emailed back asking if they could disclose what position (i.e. number) I was in for the waitlist, but unfortunately, they aren't able to give you that kind information.

McMaster does send out rejections if you're an outlier from their GPA cutoff.

So, I guess there is hope!

Goodluck!

50 minutes ago, hfar said:

Hey received an email from McMaster as well for being waitlisted for an MMI invitation. I emailed back asking if they could disclose what position (i.e. number) I was in for the waitlist, but unfortunately, they aren't able to give you that kind information.

McMaster does send out rejections if you're an outlier from their GPA cutoff.

So, I guess there is hope!

Goodluck!

Thanks everyone for the info, guess I'll keep my fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone waitlisted!

Applied + (PT at McMaster, McGill and U of A) (OT at McMaster and UW)
Accepted: Interview invite for McMaster's PT and University of Alberta's PT program
Waitlisted: McMaster OT
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa; cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.94
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Experience working with various vulnerable populations

Happened to receive an interview offer from the U of A today for their PT program today. Was also placed on McMaster's waitlist for their OT program.

19 minutes ago, Yellowhead said:

Applied + (PT at McMaster, McGill and U of A) (OT at McMaster and UW)
Accepted: Interview invite for McMaster's PT and University of Alberta's PT program
Waitlisted: McMaster OT
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa; cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.94
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Experience working with various vulnerable populations

Happened to receive an interview offer from the U of A today for their PT program today. Was also placed on McMaster's waitlist for their OT program.

Congratulations on the OT & PT invites! when exactly did you hear back from alberta?

11 hours ago, OT/PT said:

Has anyone received an interview invite for Dalhousie PT yet? Or know when these interviews take place for students from Ontario?

I heard from someone who applied last year that the invites for Dal interviews last year went out at the end of March - so hopefully we should hear soon! I'm also an Ontario student. Interviews would be mid to late April.

41 minutes ago, HopefullyPT2019 said:

I'm unsure but I heard for the alternate date (29th?) they may not have sent emails yet. I know a few people who have not heard anything yet either, and others who have received rejections.

People have been rejected? Damn, well I guess there is hope!!

1 hour ago, TheBirdo said:

You should check your spam folder often! 

I was waitlisted originally, but received an invite today - sent to my spam folder even though other McMaster communications reached my regular inbox. They only give you ~24 hours to respond, so it would be super sad to miss out just because randomly went to a different folder than other McMaster OT emails!

Goodluck :) 

Thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out! Congrats on your invite!! Really hoping I get one too.

4 hours ago, Yellowhead said:

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when McGill night be sending out offers to either their PT or OT programs? 

Their website suggests April/May and a previous poster had said March 17, but that date has now come and form. Any ideas?

Thanks 

ask them on messenger? :) 

Would be news to me if they did as there didn’t appear to be any mention of it anywhere when applying and considering each school :) I live in the UK atm so it was a factor when considering schools if I could make it for an interview. Good luck!

15 hours ago, bboyzen202 said:

question does uoft western or queens do interviews for OT? 

Anyone know when Dal OT letters will come out? 

Applied + (PT or OT?): Dal OT
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: cGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 4.0.    4.1/4.3 scale
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Admissions based on academics and references. My references were people involved in varsity athletics and the prof I worked on my undergrad thesis with! 

Good luck everyone ☺️ 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:59 PM, bboyzen202 said:

No, neither of them have interviews. There is an academic requirement section on the websites that will give you more of an idea of what they look for and base their acceptances on. Western did add the Casper test this year though, which is supposed to look at some areas that would be scored in an interview. Both of those Universities will offer acceptances based on a combination of education, references, personal essays etc. and sounds like we will hear back late May-June. 

On 3/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, bboyzen202 said:

They do not have interviews at those schools. 

I am a current OT student @ Queens. I applied for my first time last year to OT and received an offer from Queens, U of T, and McGill. If anyone has any other questions I'd be happy to try to offer any insights into the process!