Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

7 minutes ago, Kin2019 said:

I’m a maritime resident and my stress gets higher everytime I check my email (so basically every 5 minutes). Anyone in the same situation? 

I'm a maritime resident as well, have not heard anything back from Dal OT. Do we know the span of time that they will be sending out acceptance letters? And when will we know if we are on the waitlist? 

34 minutes ago, aspiringphysiotherapist said:

I did it today, wasn’t horrible but I don’t think I did well :( got super stressed and think I screwed up 2 stations completely

Were the questions more scenario-based, or ones that asked for your personal experiences?

And I'm sure you did great, I wish you all the best!

2 hours ago, aspiringphysiotherapist said:

I did it today, wasn’t horrible but I don’t think I did well :( got super stressed and think I screwed up 2 stations completely

Positive thoughts! I'm sure you did better than you think. We are our own worst critics. Best of luck to you:) 

A potential acting station is stressing me out like crazy, no clue why because it would probably be easier than a complex scenario.

1 hour ago, troms said:

Positive thoughts! I'm sure you did better than you think. We are our own worst critics. Best of luck to you:) 

A potential acting station is stressing me out like crazy, no clue why because it would probably be easier than a complex scenario.

I didn't have any acting stations thank goodness

20 hours ago, theripper67 said:

did anyone do the McMaster MMI today for OT?? Thoughts? 

Just did mine! It wasn't too bad, everyone was really nice. It is definitely more like a regular interview than a traditional MMI, and the interviewers do ask follow up questions so you don't need to worry about having a six minute response. Prep the usual interview questions and current issues in Canada's healthcare system/population. Also make sure you have good wifi because some people have had issues with that. Good luck!!

13 minutes ago, aspiring_OT said:

Just did mine! It wasn't too bad, everyone was really nice. It is definitely more like a regular interview than a traditional MMI, and the interviewers do ask follow up questions so you don't need to worry about having a six minute response. Prep the usual interview questions and current issues in Canada's healthcare system/population. Also make sure you have good wifi because some people have had issues with that. Good luck!!

Good wifi? Did you do the online interview?

5 hours ago, aspiring_OT said:

That calms my nerves a bit haha. 

Quick question: for the confidentiality paper, did you just email back a signed copy, or did you have to submit it somewhere? 

5 hours ago, aspiring_OT said:

any more advice for MMIs? i have mine at Mac tomorrow.... how can we practice/ prepare?? im finding it hard to prepare for ethical scenario questions since they really can ask anything!... What should we prepare for personal questions?