Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
nextOT

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, medschover30 said:

Just received an email from McMaster saying I'm waitlisted for an MMI invitation. Do they send rejections? Or does everyone that didn't get offered an interview get placed on the waitlist?

Hey received an email from McMaster as well for being waitlisted for an MMI invitation. I emailed back asking if they could disclose what position (i.e. number) I was in for the waitlist, but unfortunately, they aren't able to give you that kind information.

McMaster does send out rejections if you're an outlier from their GPA cutoff.

So, I guess there is hope!

Goodluck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, basicity said:

@medschover30 no not everyone got waitlisted! people have been dropping out of the interviews so you'll probably start hearing back soon.

Yea, I still haven't heard back. I bet they'll just keep it rolling through until the MMI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, hfar said:

Hey received an email from McMaster as well for being waitlisted for an MMI invitation. I emailed back asking if they could disclose what position (i.e. number) I was in for the waitlist, but unfortunately, they aren't able to give you that kind information.

McMaster does send out rejections if you're an outlier from their GPA cutoff.

So, I guess there is hope!

Goodluck!

Thanks everyone for the info, guess I'll keep my fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone waitlisted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied + (PT at McMaster, McGill and U of A) (OT at McMaster and UW)
Accepted: Interview invite for McMaster's PT and University of Alberta's PT program
Waitlisted: McMaster OT
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa; cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.94
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Experience working with various vulnerable populations

Happened to receive an interview offer from the U of A today for their PT program today. Was also placed on McMaster's waitlist for their OT program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yellowhead said:

Applied + (PT at McMaster, McGill and U of A) (OT at McMaster and UW)
Accepted: Interview invite for McMaster's PT and University of Alberta's PT program
Waitlisted: McMaster OT
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa; cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.94
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Experience working with various vulnerable populations

Happened to receive an interview offer from the U of A today for their PT program today. Was also placed on McMaster's waitlist for their OT program.

Congratulations on the OT & PT invites! when exactly did you hear back from alberta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OT/PT said:

Has anyone received an interview invite for Dalhousie PT yet? Or know when these interviews take place for students from Ontario?

I heard from someone who applied last year that the invites for Dal interviews last year went out at the end of March - so hopefully we should hear soon! I'm also an Ontario student. Interviews would be mid to late April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PPTTT said:

lol still nothing. I must have been forgotten :( 

I'm unsure but I heard for the alternate date (29th?) they may not have sent emails yet. I know a few people who have not heard anything yet either, and others who have received rejections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HopefullyPT2019 said:

I'm unsure but I heard for the alternate date (29th?) they may not have sent emails yet. I know a few people who have not heard anything yet either, and others who have received rejections.

People have been rejected? Damn, well I guess there is hope!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 3:25 PM, medschover30 said:

Just received an email from McMaster saying I'm waitlisted for an MMI invitation. Do they send rejections? Or does everyone that didn't get offered an interview get placed on the waitlist?

You should check your spam folder often! 

I was waitlisted originally, but received an invite today - sent to my spam folder even though other McMaster communications reached my regular inbox. They only give you ~24 hours to respond, so it would be super sad to miss out just because randomly went to a different folder than other McMaster OT emails!

 

Goodluck :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when McGill night be sending out offers to either their PT or OT programs? 

Their website suggests April/May and a previous poster had said March 17, but that date has now come and form. Any ideas?

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBirdo said:

You should check your spam folder often! 

I was waitlisted originally, but received an invite today - sent to my spam folder even though other McMaster communications reached my regular inbox. They only give you ~24 hours to respond, so it would be super sad to miss out just because randomly went to a different folder than other McMaster OT emails!

 

Goodluck :) 

Thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out! Congrats on your invite!! Really hoping I get one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yellowhead said:

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when McGill night be sending out offers to either their PT or OT programs? 

Their website suggests April/May and a previous poster had said March 17, but that date has now come and form. Any ideas?

Thanks 

ask them on messenger? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be news to me if they did as there didn’t appear to be any mention of it anywhere when applying and considering each school :) I live in the UK atm so it was a factor when considering schools if I could make it for an interview. Good luck!

 

15 hours ago, bboyzen202 said:

question does uoft western or queens do interviews for OT? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when Dal OT letters will come out? 

Applied + (PT or OT?): Dal OT
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: cGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 4.0.    4.1/4.3 scale
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Admissions based on academics and references. My references were people involved in varsity athletics and the prof I worked on my undergrad thesis with! 

Good luck everyone ☺️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 6:59 PM, bboyzen202 said:

question does uoft western or queens do interviews for OT? 

No, neither of them have interviews. There is an academic requirement section on the websites that will give you more of an idea of what they look for and base their acceptances on. Western did add the Casper test this year though, which is supposed to look at some areas that would be scored in an interview. Both of those Universities will offer acceptances based on a combination of education, references, personal essays etc. and sounds like we will hear back late May-June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, bboyzen202 said:

question does uoft western or queens do interviews for OT? 

They do not have interviews at those schools. 

I am a current OT student @ Queens. I applied for my first time last year to OT and received an offer from Queens, U of T, and McGill. If anyone has any other questions I'd be happy to try to offer any insights into the process! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...