Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

Anyone know how CAP cancellations work for U of T?

UBC says they wont get back to us until after mid april. Say UBC gets back to me (and hopefully I get in) AFTER April 18 (last day to RSVP for CAP) like on April 20, can we still cancel our CAP seat? how would this work? Since UBC is my first choice, I dont want to spend money to go down to Toronto to do my CAP if I already got into UBC, but if UBC doesnt get back to me by April 18 i would want to accept the CAP invite just in case I get waitlisted or rejected from UBC.

1 hour ago, Probablypt said:

Anyone know how CAP cancellations work for U of T?

UBC says they wont get back to us until after mid april. Say UBC gets back to me (and hopefully I get in) AFTER April 18 (last day to RSVP for CAP) like on April 20, can we still cancel our CAP seat? how would this work? Since UBC is my first choice, I dont want to spend money to go down to Toronto to do my CAP if I already got into UBC, but if UBC doesnt get back to me by April 18 i would want to accept the CAP invite just in case I get waitlisted or rejected from UBC.

I’m in the same boat here (applied UBC and UT) - I would consider contacting UBC to perhaps ask? Regardless the tickets to Toronto can be quite steep so it may be worth it to accept the invite and book the tickets now (vs booking after you hear back from UBC), doesn’t hurt to keep your options open if possible :P

On 3/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, wangxian said:

Hi guys,

Is anyone still waiting for PT interview invites from alberta and dalhousie? Wondering if I should contact them to ask them about it :0 

I got an email from them mid-march. You should probably ask them

1 hour ago, PT2021 said:

CAP invites for U of T went out Friday March 29th to the 300 with the highest GPA (had to meet U of Ts required score on CASPER to get to this stage). Last year the cut off was 3.81 and 3.82 for 2017. Who knows what this year's cut off was :/

I think my score was probably really close to the cutoff or was the cut off then! My ORPAS GPA was 3.83... :P

10 minutes ago, Yellowhead said:

I head from back from McGill re: when to expect offers for the qualifying year for PT. They said before the summer. Was hoping for a more specific answer. Their admission instruction booklet says April/May.

I was told (over their chat system) that we would hear back in the spring which is.... basically anytime now. Interesting.

Anyone know how it works- are we able to accept an offer and pay our deposit but if needed decline with adequate notice (ex- at least 3 months) ? I am still awaiting to hear from a school in my province and feel unsure what to do as I do not want to turn down an opportunity but also was was hoping to make an informed decision once hearing from all the schools. Anyone else experiencing this/have advice? :(

Applied + (PT or OT?): Queen's 1st Time (OT)
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected: Queens (as expected)
GPA:c-gpa: 3.77  s-gpa: 3.94

Perceived Strengths: While I've done a lot of volunteering with various organizations and supported children and youth with disabilities in recreational programs for 5+ years, I was very sick at the time that the application was due and had to scramble to get it in. I think my essays were okay (not great) and references were good, but I looked back at the CV version I submitted and saw that it had some alarming grammar mistakes and was poorly organized. Unfortunately, it was the best I could do, as I was not feeling like myself. I am fully expecting to be rejected because of this, but I'm wondering, has anyone heard back from Queens OT? I would just like to get it over with at this point. I'm looking forward to reapplying next year and I wish all of this year's applicants the best of luck!