Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octavius said:

How many sentences did you guys put for each question?

The shortest answer I had was 2 sentences I think, but that was one of those "suppose this...does your answer change" kind of questions, and I had one sentence for saying my answer didn't change and one for explaining why. I generally got 4-5 lines per question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked my answers for the first 2 questions on most prompts, but got cut off/unable to expand on the third one way too many times. Had only about 4-5 prompts where I gave complete, well developed answers for all questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt that I did decent on them except the "Tell me about a time when you..." prompt. I blanked out for a full minute trying to come up with an example and didn't feel like my example was 100% relevant. Scenario questions I did a lot better on. I wrote about 5 lines for the main question and 2-4 lines for the other two questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if get penalized for using bullet points ? I answered in full sentences for the most part but I used bullet points for some of the questions because I was running out of time and I didn't want to write incomplete answers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MD9511 said:

Does anyone know if get penalized for using bullet points ? I answered in full sentences for the most part but I used bullet points for some of the questions because I was running out of time and I didn't want to write incomplete answers. 

No, in their webinar from McMaster,  they said you are able to communicate however you want. They do suggest bullet points for speed, but it's up to the person however they want to answer it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't as bad as I though. only one prompt really weirded me out. it was a verbal one and a personal one. all 3 Q were just soooo weird and contradicted each other? I don't know maybe it was just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had around 400-500 words for each prompt. So roughly that number divided by three. Overall, I think elucidating your thought process and line of reasoning will be important. Using key words like 'understand', 'analyze', 'evaluate', 'consider' should be accompanied with your line of thought and reasoning. I felt good about my CASPer which I wrote on Oct 23rd and did not run out of time for any of the twelve sections. For McMaster, the CASPer matters so much because if you look at the admission stats, people with lower GPA's of 3.0+ and CARS of 125+ managed to secure acceptance and interviews showing that a strong performance on CASPER is required for interview and acceptance. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frederick Sanger said:

I had around 400-500 words for each prompt. So roughly that number divided by three. Overall, I think elucidating your thought process and line of reasoning will be important. Using key words like 'understand', 'analyze', 'evaluate', 'consider' should be accompanied with your line of thought and reasoning. I felt good about my CASPer which I wrote on Oct 23rd and did not run out of time for any of the twelve sections. For McMaster, the CASPer matters so much because if you look at the admission stats, people with lower GPA's of 3.0+ and CARS of 125+ managed to secure acceptance and interviews showing that a strong performance on CASPER is required for interview and acceptance. Good luck. 

Yeah I definitely took advantage of the fact that each of the 12 scenarios is marked by a different person. I used like the same opening sentence for every scenario lmao because I wanted to get the key words in there. I think I started every scenario with something like "first and foremost, it is important to analyze this situation as objectively as possible and consider all possible viewpoints".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 1:50 PM, KeyzerSoze said:

Yeah I definitely took advantage of the fact that each of the 12 scenarios is marked by a different person. I used like the same opening sentence for every scenario lmao because I wanted to get the key words in there. I think I started every scenario with something like "first and foremost, it is important to analyze this situation as objectively as possible and consider all possible viewpoints".

Commenting on multiple perspectives is important, but coming from someone who marks casper, you get just as good as score as going ahead and talking about all the viewpoints as you would by starting with this sentence. Doesn't hurt though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×