Premed 101 Forums

Is it true that your worst Casper scenario is removed?

I've heard this from a friend. I have no idea if there is any truth to it. I would like to think that removing one scenario would ensure better representation of your abilities without outliers. I was able to answer most scenarios well I think but I completely screwed up one scenario due to pain shooting up my back (long story). Anyone have any insider info here?

Over the years, the company has gotten more transparent with their processes. I've heard the same thing, but after watching the webinar recently (https://takecasper.com/2018/09/casper-information-session-for-canadian-professional-health-sciences-applicants/) I can't seem to find any reference to this so I assume it isn't true, or at least was discontinued at one point? I would definitely love for it to be still in practice though!

2 hours ago, Atwood-45 said:

I believe they state that your score will be an average of all 12 scenarios, so I doubt they removed a scenario. I think I had 2-3 iffy scenarios yesterday, with one that was real bad. However, I’m sure 90% of people had one bad scenario, so I wouldn’t stress too much

This. Don't forget that your test averages are later standardized into a Z-score and it's that z-score that's being used in your admissions.

Archived