Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2018/2019 - Class of 2023

KingdomSquares

3 hours ago, pharm222 said:

From what I've heard some more offers were sent out today good luck you guys 

2 hours ago, Farmacy said:

I received my offer at 3:26 today! Good luck to those waiting!! 

Still havent heard back :// must've done really bad on the interview...

When was your guys' deadline to respond?

24 minutes ago, disastrous said:

Still havent heard back :// must've done really bad on the interview...

When was your guys' deadline to respond?

please don't lose hope!!! they still haven't sent out waitlists from what I know and I'm sure loads of people who applied to UBC also applied to other schools who are also still rolling out offers. I also thought I did terribly during the interview but they know youre nervous and in an uncomfortable situation. the people who got in before i think have until the 23 but today's people have until the 25th they are still rolling out offers ( im thinking they are giving people 10ish days) remember no news is good news good luck hope to see you in the fall

15 hours ago, Neurosciencegrad said:

Hey all, 

I'm having trouble deciding which school to go to, UBC or U of A. Is there anybody here who is in the program and could give some insight on the program itself and how they like/dislike it?

Thanks! 

I don’t know anything about the program itself but I think you should consider the tuition fees (UBC vs U of A) and starting wage rate (BC vs AB). 

not trying get anyones hopes up or make them feel discouraged or anything but just in case you would like to know:  most of the people who already got their acceptances have registered for classes and each section had about 39 kids in it and 5/6 of the sections were full so i think ~ 195 of the offers have gone out but there still are a few more left before waitlists are sent out. good luck you guys! hope to see you all in the fall 

3 hours ago, pharm222 said:

not trying get anyones hopes up or make them feel discouraged or anything but just in case you would like to know:  most of the people who already got their acceptances have registered for classes and each section had about 39 kids in it and 5/6 of the sections were full so i think ~ 195 of the offers have gone out but there still are a few more left before waitlists are sent out. good luck you guys! hope to see you all in the fall 

:( looks like it's over those of us still waiting. I see a section with 226 ppl registered and 1 spot left open lol

25 minutes ago, BC20 said:

I just called UBC and they said that the admissions decisions are running behind, they were supposed to send responses on June 30, they're not sure when we will hear back so don't lose hope!

They got my hopes up for a full month for a rejection email today :(

I thought i would get a waitlist at least lmao

• 4 years later...
On 11/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, Pharm42 said:

Hey guys, this is my second time applying as I didn’t receive an interview last year, I’ve improved my gpa from 3.3 to 3.6, hopefully that’s enough to get an interview. Does anyone know if being an OOP applicant have an effect on gpa? Like, should I present a higher average as an OOP to receive an interview? 

did u get in bcuz i will apply soon and is it on a 4.3 scale