Premed 101 Forums

Applying tonight

yohohoy

I understand that after you submit you have to wait for them to send you credentials for your minerva account? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the process. 

I am submitting my application tonight; does this mean that I won't have time to apply because it takes them a while to get back? I appreciate any quick response.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, yohohoy said:

I understand that after you submit you have to wait for them to send you credentials for your minerva account? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the process. 

I am submitting my application tonight; does this mean that I won't have time to apply because it takes them a while to get back? I appreciate any quick response.

Thanks

I am not 100% sure but I THINK that if you apply tonight, you will receive your credentials by around 9ish tomorrow night. This would give you a little less than 3 hours to submit your documentation. I have noticed that it takes a few minutes for documents to get fully uploaded onto the website (even when I submitted them after 9 pm, the checklist uploaded the same night, within a few minutes). 

If I were you, I would go ahead and apply RIGHT NOW. When I get my credentials tomorrow night, I would fill in the "ID Number" blanks on all the documents and submit them ASAP (including emailing the excel workbook). Take note that you need the ID number for proof of residency docs as well. 

All the best!

6 minutes ago, striders02 said:

When on Nov 1 is it due btw? I heard 9pm from someone but cant find that scrolling through their website. Is it due at midnight, i.e. in 1.5hrs?

Nope, not in 1.5 hours. You have all of tomorrow. I am pretty sure that you can submit the documentation BEFORE midnight (i.e. 11:59 pm Nov 1) but there has been some discussion about whether Minerva docs have to be submitted prior to 9 pm. I personally think they will be accepted up until 11:59 pm. I submitted mine after 9 pm and my minerva checklist updated within minutes. All the best!

5 minutes ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

I am not 100% sure but I THINK that if you apply tonight, you will receive your credentials by around 9ish tomorrow night. This would give you a little less than 3 hours to submit your documentation. I have noticed that it takes a few minutes for documents to get fully uploaded onto the website (even when I submitted them after 9 pm, the checklist uploaded the same night, within a few minutes). 

If I were you, I would go ahead and apply RIGHT NOW. When I get my credentials tomorrow night, I would fill in the "ID Number" blanks on all the documents and submit them ASAP (including emailing the excel workbook). Take note that you need the ID number for proof of residency docs as well. 

All the best!

Nope, not in 1.5 hours. You have all of tomorrow. I am pretty sure that you can submit the documentation BEFORE midnight (i.e. 11:59 pm Nov 1) but there has been some discussion about whether Minerva docs have to be submitted prior to 9 pm. I personally think they will be accepted up until 11:59 pm. I submitted mine after 9 pm and my minerva checklist updated within minutes. All the best!

Thank you for the quick reply :)

According to this page (https://mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting) you must submit before 9pm on deadline day so that you get your McGill ID number in time. Which is exactly what you said. Hopefully, everything goes well tomorrow without any hiccups.

Thanks again :)

13 hours ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

I personally think they will be accepted up until 11:59 pm. 

When you send your workbook it says it will take up to 3 days to appear as received on minerva but that «Only workbooks received by November 1, 11:59 PM deadline will be accepted.  » so as long as it was sent before this deadline it's okay.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:42 AM, Al22 said:

When you send your workbook it says it will take up to 3 days to appear as received on minerva but that «Only workbooks received by November 1, 11:59 PM deadline will be accepted.  » so as long as it was sent before this deadline it's okay.

Thanks! You're right, I was happy to get confirmation about that :) I was referring to the supplementary documents being submitted on Minerva. I think it was unclear for some people whether it will be accepted until 9 pm only. I'm pretty sure it would have been okay until 11:59 pm. Perhaps someone who has experience or knowledge can clarify for future applicants...

22 minutes ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

Thanks! You're right, I was happy to get confirmation about that :) I was referring to the supplementary documents being submitted on Minerva. I think it was unclear for some people whether it will be accepted until 9 pm only. I'm pretty sure it would have been okay until 11:59 pm. Perhaps someone who has experience or knowledge can clarify for future applicants...

I just got an email saying that applicants get up to Nov 4 for supplmentary docs.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:38 AM, i8aSS said:

I just got an email saying that applicants get up to Nov 4 for supplmentary docs.

Wow, that’s good to know, thanks for letting us know because I don’t think my email said that.

I just finally got it this night(I applied 3 days ago on thurs Oct 31)

Also, I’m curious about the workbooks... I assume the same rule applies to them because they are incomplete without the McGill ID?

Archived