Premed 101 Forums

Maybe Someone Will Find This Helpful

Hey Guys,

I started a YouTube channel about getting into medical school and also talk about premed tips and tricks. I started it because I didn't have much useful advice going through uni and many people online weren't really supportive or always put me down. Once I got accepted, I wanted to actually help people get in without just crushing their dreams. If you guys are interested, just leave a comment below and ill leave the link or you can type in my username on the URL (www.youtube.com/[INSERT USERNAME HERE WITH NO SPACES OR PERIODS]. Otherwise, if no one is interested, you can disregard it. 

Just one thing I do want to say: no matter what people say, no matter what people tell you, know you WILL succeed if you work hard. Many people told me that I would not become a medical student and I still kept pushing and here I am today in medical school. Many people still tell me my videos suck and it just reminds me of my days as a premed student where people told me my grades weren't good enough or I wasn't smart enough. Push away from the BS and just keep going. Believe in yourself and YOU WILL SUCCEED!

16 hours ago, Recusitatorwannabe said:

I really needed to hear this thank you; what’s the YouTube channel?

its called "mad medicine". just search it on youtube and it should come up (its white and black loll)  I dont want to put the link because I dont want people to think I'm self advertising and get mad about it.

I know what you mean. there were times where everywhere I read I wouldn't get in. its a pretty daunting process. not to mention that many people are really supportive of you. I was lucky to find finds that did support me but even then, there is an overwhelming pressure of people saying no youre not good enough. dont listen to them! you have to believe in yourself first. I know that first hand and after getting into medical school, I live by that. TBH every time I try to tell people about what im trying to do with my channel online, everyone puts me down and says it sucks or im just building up cout to get people to follow me. If you like my material then follow. if you think its trash then dont. I just gotta beleive in myself and remind myself that people will benefit from it the same way I told myself I would get accepted even though people online and near me said I wasn't good enough. YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT! best of luck :)

Archived