Premed 101 Forums

November 2018 DAT Thoughts

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’re all coming out now guys, I just got my transcript by logging in a couple times.  

I was really disappointed with my results until I looked at the scale.  I got lower scores in half the subjects than my previous attempt, but my percentiles were all much higher than February 2018.  Yay standardized tests.....

Biology is especially bad, the best score in the country was a 20.  I wonder if schools take the scale into consideration.  

Man my BIO score last year when I didn't even study for the sciences section was higher than this LOL. I was ready to throw some hands and ask about re-grades until I saw that scale. That's tough.  

RC: 22

BIO: 17 (I got an 18 last year just for reference)

CHEM: 27

Science average: 20

AA: 22

PAT: 20

MDT: 24

At least I have a higher score from one of my retakes for UofA. I'm a little bit sad that my PAT score has progressively lowered since my first attempt. I'm glad that my AA managed to get to >20 but I'm not sure if it's enough after lurking around the forums for OOP stats. The grade conversions as an OOP applicant don't really help me out so I was hoping to score higher in terms of raw score especially when BIO was taken into consideration.

just received my scores i got 19 PAT and and 21 AA. thing is I think my PAT is below average.

do you think UofT will take me with a 4.00 GPA? I feel like i am below average since their median GPA last year was 4.00 according to some students i spoke to..

what do you guys think? i honestly dont see how I can get 19 PAT I'm diamond on LoL, thing is UofT doesn't give you anywhere in their application to talk about your extra curriculars so now I am worried...

So I see the November 2018 scaling now and damn what the hell happened to the science average?

Looks like they literally murdered everyone's bio score but bumped up RC which really screwed me over. I was hoping my science average will carry my poor RC but instead my bio mark plummeted and RC increased by very little..... 

I guess I'll retake on feb good thing DAT Crusher is giving out discounts for resubscribers am I right guys?  haha here comes the depression 

RC: 20

BIO: 19

CHEM: 22

TS: 20

AA: 20

Wait guys, does Toronto look at your scores based on the test score scale you wrote it with? Cause I'm happy with how I scored in terms of the scale, but I know people have done much better in previous years. Should I consider retaking in February? Do you guys think this might be enough with a 3.97 GPA?

3 minutes ago, nfmp13 said:

RC: 20

BIO: 19

CHEM: 22

TS: 20

AA: 20

Wait guys, does Toronto look at your scores based on the test score scale you wrote it with? Cause I'm happy with how I scored in terms of the scale, but I know people have done much better in previous years. Should I consider retaking in February?

I am in the same boat as you, compared to other scores I'm relatively happy but this DATs scale is awful.. Seems odd they don't take that test difficulty into consideration and grade it on a curve compared to other writing the same test like the MCAT. 

Archived