Premed 101 Forums

Physical Therapy

Boeing747

Hello guys! Is there anyone who successfully transfered into PT from another university?

I am a U1 student in OT at Université de Montréal and I would like to apply in PT Mcgill as a transfer student. 

How hard is it as a transfer student? What would be the GPA cutoff for the undergraduate program or the qualifying year admission?

22 hours ago, KinPhysio said:

Hello guys! Is there anyone who successfully transfered into PT from another university?

I am a U1 student in OT at Université de Montréal and I would like to apply in PT Mcgill as a transfer student. 

How hard is it as a transfer student? What would be the GPA cutoff for the undergraduate program or the qualifying year admission?

To be eligible to the QY year it is mandatory that you have already completed a Bachelor degree or that you are in the final year of your program (it's because QY is considered a graduate program, not undergrad). I'm not sure if that means you have to complete the first 3 years of the OT program at UdeM or the whole program since it is a continuum bachelor+masters to apply to the qualifying year at McGill (QY cut off is 3.2/4, but you have to be closer to 3.8-9/4 to be accepted). You should call the admission office about that, if you think you'd be willing to stay into OT for a few years.

Otherwise, if you want to go into PT without finishing OT at UdeM, I think you should apply to the Rehabilitation BSc for next fall (I don't know the cut-off, but they now ask for applicants to do a Casper). I'm pretty sure they would have you start from U1, but you could probably get some credits transferred in the first semesters. But then again, you should call the admission to see what is the best option for you. 

You can try this tool from their website if you want https://mcgill.ca/spot/application-route and you can have a look for requirements and all on that page https://mcgill.ca/spot/programs/admissions-0/undergraduate-programs

I hope this helps :) 

Archived