Premed 101 Forums

4th YR applicant - grades from this year count?

Hi friends,

I am currently in my 4th and final year of my bachelor's degree and for year 1,2, 3, of uni I have done 5 courses per semester (and I am doing 5 courses per sem this year too). I am wondering if 

a) Fall 2018 semester grades count for Interview invite (they ask for updated transcripts by February 1 and send out interview invites shortly after - so do they even have enough time to factor in fall sem grades?)  

b) Fall 2018 semester grades count for acceptance/reject sent in April/May (I assume yes)

c) Winter 2019 grades count at all - (I had a friend who heard back from U of A about his application in the same week he was finishing up finals for that semester in April, in which case they obviously wouldn't have access to his final grades for that semester yet). I know you have to send in updated transcripts in June, but would they really rescind your offer of admission if your grades for that semester were lower than your usual even after you'd been formally accepted? Like would they even bother?

I appreciate your help! Thanks .

3 hours ago, inordinate said:

Hi friends,

I am currently in my 4th and final year of my bachelor's degree and for year 1,2, 3, of uni I have done 5 courses per semester (and I am doing 5 courses per sem this year too). I am wondering if 

a) Fall 2018 semester grades count for Interview invite (they ask for updated transcripts by February 1 and send out interview invites shortly after - so do they even have enough time to factor in fall sem grades?)  

b) Fall 2018 semester grades count for acceptance/reject sent in April/May (I assume yes)

c) Winter 2019 grades count at all - (I had a friend who heard back from U of A about his application in the same week he was finishing up finals for that semester in April, in which case they obviously wouldn't have access to his final grades for that semester yet). I know you have to send in updated transcripts in June, but would they really rescind your offer of admission if your grades for that semester were lower than your usual even after you'd been formally accepted? Like would they even bother?

I appreciate your help! Thanks .

This year's grades won't count for you at all but you must maintain above a certain average if you get an acceptance in the spring. 

Archived