Premed 101 Forums

Where to find application templates for early preparation.

LiconC

I want to get ahead on my applications for the next cycle. However, I am having a hard time finding application templates aside from the very superficial ones provided by university admission-info websites. For example, UAlberta's application guidelines note that the non-academic requirements include a description of employment, leadership roles, and volunteer work among other things, yet they do not provide a word count which is a crucial parameter to consider when crafting an application. I wonder if any of you have encountered resources, or are aware of any solutions regarding my issue. 

Thank you all so much.

4 minutes ago, LiconC said:

I want to get ahead on my applications for the next cycle. However, I am having a hard time finding application templates aside from the very superficial ones provided by university admission-info websites. For example, UAlberta's application guidelines note that the non-academic requirements include a description of employment, leadership roles, and volunteer work among other things, yet they do not provide a word count which is a crucial parameter to consider when crafting an application. I wonder if any of you have encountered resources, or are aware of any solutions regarding my issue. 

Thank you all so much.

Have you tried your university's career centre? The career advisors usually make a copy of the OMSAS application every year and store it somewhere.

23 hours ago, LiconC said:

To your recommendation, I just the career centre to no avail.

That's interesting. You could email admissions for the schools you're looking at, but I believe most will tell you to wait until next application cycle. The other option is to ask a friend or someone you know about the application - I'm sure there has been someone around you who has applied/currently in the medical school you are seeking admissions to. 

Archived