Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SweetNothing said:

Hi! Could anyone explain to me how scores work after the interview process? Is there an interview score that is added to the TFR? Are the weighted equally? Thank you!

We don't know and will most likely never know! I have emailed multiple times and also talked to a recruiting staff in person to be told the same thing: "strictly confidential"

43 minutes ago, SweetNothing said:

Hi! Could anyone explain to me how scores work after the interview process? Is there an interview score that is added to the TFR? Are the weighted equally? Thank you!

Yup, I agree with @Gambinoooo.  It's super-top-extra-ultra confidential :lol:.  All we know is that they consider applicants holistically – they look at everything including but not limited to your interview performance, your maturity, your professionalism, your commitments, your growth, your non-academic activities, your academic activities, your MCAT, your reference letters, and so forth.  At this stage, we can realistically only focus on our MMI and prepare well (not too little, not too much) so that we can do our best.

21 minutes ago, SweetNothing said:

Thanks @Neurophiliac and @Gambinoooo !!! I just assumed that it would be mathematical in some way as the pre-interview scoring seemed quite systematic. This is my first application cycle so there is so much to learn! If you get rejected post-interview, do you get any metric on how you did in the interview?

Aside from being told your AQ and NAQ score, you also get told about your interview performance on the basis of it being below average, average, and average.

19 hours ago, SweetNothing said:

Thanks for the info! What about Ontario schools? Do they give numbers out with rejections? 

Nope. I am truly appreciative of the UBC process in that they score your application and give a more objective (mixed in with subjective) measure. Ontario is just generic emails along the lines of "this year we received more than 90000 applications to the MD program, unfortunately......" and that is it. 

Archived