Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

Man I got an interview last year and I’m genuinely terrified of not getting one this year. Tomorrow will be such a stressful day :(

You’re almost there! At least you have the experience of having gone through the MMI and a general idea of your AQ and NAQ :) It’s terrifying in a different way having no clue how you will score! 

Just now, this_process_is_death said:

Yeaaa! I think the next 24 hours are going to be a hell of an emotional roller coaster

Yes and I totally feel for you. I read your previous posts from last year. I’m honestly shocked you didn’t get an offer with those stats (I know that probably doesn’t make you feel any better!) Seriously though, AQ+NAQ = 72 with an above average interview...and IP... how is that even possible? :unsure: I’m going to have to look over the admission stats again...

15 minutes ago, ATG4B said:

Yes and I totally feel for you. I read your previous posts from last year. I’m honestly shocked you didn’t get an offer with those stats (I know that probably doesn’t make you feel any better!) Seriously though, AQ+NAQ = 72 with an above average interview...and IP... how is that even possible? :unsure: I’m going to have to look over the admission stats again...

I wish I had answer :( Hopefully 5th time’s the charm!

36 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

I empathize with you, those are some really great scores. This is my 4th time applying and I had an interview for the first time last year. Does anyone have the stats for AQ and NAQ interview cut offs last year? I know it may change, but I need some reassurance to settle nerves today.

4 minutes ago, MCatt said:

I empathize with you, those are some really great scores. This is my 4th time applying and I had an interview for the first time last year. Does anyone have the stats for AQ and NAQ interview cut offs last year? I know it may change, but I need some reassurance to settle nerves today.

Hey we're in the same boat! Last year's cut off for interview was TFR 51.67 (https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/files/2017/12/Interim-Statistics-2017-18-MED-2022-FINAL.pdf) so not a specific AQ/NAQ score. I hear you - last year was my first interview after 2 rejections and though I was confident about getting an invite all through the summer, my palms are getting a bit sweaty since nothing's guaranteed. What shall be shall be my friend, have a beer and let's hang on to hope for this week. :) 

1 hour ago, Teachdoc said:

@Neurophiliac sorry i'm kinda new and not sure how things work.. just started lurking here after the email about the interview invites last week but anyway you've been mentioning that this cycle has been very different and wild.. can you please explain how so? I'm very curious haha!

Oh haha, I just mentioned that because they sent the initial update email in December, which is quite late compared to previous years (only by about 1 week though).  Perhaps there are way more applicants this year, or perhaps they are evaluating applications more in-depth (or both).  Since they sent the email about interview notifications at an unexpected time, then maybe they'll switch up the order and release interview decisions completely differently than previous years.  It's likely all rejections come tomorrow, but who knows!  As @ohimark said, we just need to relax and hang on to hope :).

1 hour ago, this_process_is_death said:

Yeah, I was really shocked when I saw your post, too!  I was going to say maybe it’s an MCAT thing but your last cycle’s MCAT score wasn’t bad at all.  Also, your GPA is quite high so combined with your MCAT, it should have definitely provided good evidence to the selection committee that you can handle the curriculum.  Did you have confidence in your reference letters?

22 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

Yeah, I was really shocked when I saw your post, too!  I was going to say maybe it’s an MCAT thing but your last cycle’s MCAT score wasn’t bad at all.  Also, your GPA is quite high so combined with your MCAT, it should have definitely provided good evidence to the selection committee that you can handle the curriculum.  Did you have confidence in your reference letters?

I did! I honestly think it was maybe the MCAT? I had a 125 on CARS

10 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

I did! I honestly think it was maybe the MCAT? I had a 125 on CARS

But people with 125 CARS have been accepted tho :S  Whatever the reason was, it was in the past.  This year is a fresh new cycle, so hopefully things turn out for the better!  I’m glad you didn’t give up :).  Persistence is key.

1 hour ago, keener12345 said:

From my understanding, iterim stats are released the morning of the Monday before rejections come out correct? Last year they were out at 11:30AM EST, which is right when their office opened LOL

Oh snap!  Then we have a few hours before results to do our own hyper-analysis on the stats :lol:.  I’m just really curious about how many applied this year, and of course the cutoff.

5 hours ago, ATG4B said:

I can’t be the only one wide awake :blink:

I had the most bizarre dream that I was late for the interview, but then I got there and the entire interview was a written response to sexing this jar of fruitflies, and I had forgotten my suit so I just had my t-shirt and jeans. Gracious Lord...

Archived