Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

Just now, Neurophiliac said:

Wait are you sure??  Because if they don't meet cutoff, they don't meet cutoff so they should be getting the email at the same time as others.  That's very strange :S

I honestly didn't believe them either until they showed me!! When I told them I thought it was just Monday they were confused. 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ILCguy said:

I agree... Also, since the interim stats are posted, can't we assume that the decision is already finalized?

It's definitely finalized .. our university email had some issues last year so maybe it just came through late? I mean people's verifiers were still being contacted like 2 weeks ago so they may not be as organized as we think

Just now, Poloma said:

I honestly didn't believe them either until they showed me!! When I told them I thought it was just Monday they were confused. 

Wow :o  Hmm, there may be a reason why:  I think maybe, just maybe, admissions realized the TFR score was summed up incorrectly.  OR that the system didn't place them in the "regrets" list, or something like that.  Whatever happened, I guess it comes to prove that we're not safe until we actually get the invite email!

1 minute ago, Poloma said:

It's definitely finalized .. our university email had some issues last year so maybe it just came through late? I mean people's verifiers were still being contacted like 2 weeks ago so they may not be as organized as we think

Exactly, or it could be the email traffic (although... 3 whole days?).

1 minute ago, Neurophiliac said:

Guys... I die every time I hear that damn email notification.  Major spike in HR lol.  I know I can turn it off, but I rather be constantly updated!  For me it's worse to turn it off and then wonder "have I received an email??" :lol:

Mine is off - Not checking it until I see premed101 people posting that they're out! ahaha

4 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

Guys... I die every time I hear that damn email notification.  Major spike in HR lol.  I know I can turn it off, but I rather be constantly updated!  For me it's worse to turn it off and then wonder "have I received an email??" :lol:

Had a lucid dream this morning that I got rejected. Even after I woke up, I was thinking "y tho" and was ready to tell my family and post on here. I wasn't that upset though, I'm so jaded now.

Just now, Aryanenzo said:

Had a lucid dream this morning that I go rejected. Even after I woke up, I was thinking "y tho" and was ready to tell my family and post on here. I wasn't that upset though, I'm so jaded now.

Same!!  Although it wasn't a lucid dream, I had a dream hearing an email notification sound and looking at that damned subject line "UBC Undergrad Admissions:Application Status - No Interview"

2 minutes ago, Poloma said:

Mine is off - Not checking it until I see premed101 people posting that they're out! ahaha

Oh man, you've got guts!  For me that's so much more mental exhaustion than having it on!

Anyone else trying to study for finals but getting too distracted? I'm trying to study for my final that's tomorrow but keep checking my email and I'm not getting anything done. Hate that they send out interview invites in the middle of finals, it's too much stress

1 minute ago, Kjay said:

Anyone else trying to study for finals but getting too distracted? I'm trying to study for my final that's tomorrow but keep checking my email and I'm not getting anything done. Hate that they send out interview invites in the middle of finals, it's too much stress

I’m in the exact same position! Definitely causing a lot of distraction in my studies

Archived