Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

Regrets.

My NAQ score dropped over 15 points. Wow.

might be a little angry right now as I got regrets also but how the f is that possible UBC???

I understand standardizing against the applicant pool, but there's no way that standardization alone account for that

For everyone who is not getting the news they wanted today ... I want to tell you a little bit more about me in the hopes that it will bolster your spirit to keep pushing forward. I was all set to apply in 2006, but a family member became very ill and I had to put my dreams on hold. I tried several times over the coming years to go back to school, but I couldn’t manage to juggle full time work and full time school. It wasn’t until I turned 30 that I decided to sell pretty much everything I had in order to head back to school. It has been far from an easy road, but I wouldn’t change it for anything! I’m definitely not the same person I was in 2006 and I appreciate every opportunity for the blessing that it is. I don’t know what this year has in store for me, but I do know that I’m a hell of a lot stronger than I thought I was. You will find that out about yourself too if you keep pushing ahead. Be kind to yourself right now and know that one (or even many) regret email, doesn’t define you in any way! Hugs to you all. 

1 minute ago, kronos said:

might be a little angry right now as I got regrets also but how the f is that possible UBC???

I understand standardizing against the applicant pool, but there's no way that standardization alone account for that

In all honesty, the selection process is still subjective, even with all the standardization added. It also doesn’t help that applicants in Canada have such an absurd hill to climb :(

Just now, ATG4B said:

For everyone who is not getting the news they wanted today ... I want to tell you a little bit more about me in the hopes that it will bolster your spirit to keep pushing forward. I was all set to apply in 2006, but a family member became very ill and I had to put my dreams on hold. I tried several times over the coming years to go back to school, but I couldn’t manage to juggle full time work and full time school. It wasn’t until I turned 30 that I decided to sell pretty much everything I had in order to head back to school. It has been far from an easy road, but I wouldn’t change it for anything! I’m definitely not the same person I was in 2006 and I appreciate every opportunity for the blessing that it is. I don’t know what this year has in store for me, but I do know that I’m a hell of a lot stronger than I thought I was. You will find that out about yourself too if you keep pushing ahead. Be kind to yourself right now and know that one (or even many) regret email, doesn’t define you in any way! Hugs to you all. 

You’re a friggin champion. I honestly hope you get in!

Archived