Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

26 minutes ago, akatsuki said:

By definition you are all correct.

Invites will go out mid-December. - so invites would come out Dec. 14...and rejections would come first. Essentially following the trend UBC has kept in the past few admission cycles. 

where did you see this? From what I can recall they said early December this year.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mederoo said:

where did you see this? From what I can recall they said early December this year.

Hi there. Sorry! I was just replying to the circular discussion going on above me in the thread. I myself am completely unaware when exactly these invites will be sent out. Looking at some timelines froma last years they follow that Monday- regrets and Friday - invites trend. However what is rather peculiar about this year is the lack of the initial email...that should be sent out by hopefully now/soon. 

I'm currently on pro-notification mode where I can't believe how many times I've checked my email inbox(es). Not a delightful experience by any means.

1 hour ago, Macgirl said:

Me too, I wish they would just update us already. It feels like either they have had too many applicants or not enough man power...

I think the committee has the same man power as before -- not too much, not too little.

On a related note:  How many of us, do you guys think, are in the cohort of applicants?  More than 2200?  2300?  2400?  2500?  2600?  Or even more??

10 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

I think the committee has the same man power as before -- not too much, not too little.

On a related note:  How many of us, do you guys think, are in the cohort of applicants?  More than 2200?  2300?  2400?  2500?  2600?  Or even more??

Judging by the growing applicant pool, I will throw $20 in loose change on 2500 applicants. A great guestimate by all means

3 minutes ago, Hannnah said:

Only 30 more minutes of anxious waiting for today!!

Well.... rejections came around 5:15 PM last year on a Monday.  I seriously doubt they will come today before the update... but then again.... :S .  If initial update was to be released today, it would have come around 2:30 PM.

So technically, 1 hour and 15 mins from now  :/

1 minute ago, mederoo said:

It is likely that this year they may not email and instead update us through the application status tab of our OAS. So do not forget to check this.

But when they update OAS though, it's paired with sending an email.  So when OAS is updated, automatically an email is sent.

4 minutes ago, akatsuki said:

Judging by the growing applicant pool, I will throw $20 in loose change on 2500 applicants. A great guestimate by all means

The way this has been going so far... I raise you $10 on 2600!  Haha

5 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

But when they update OAS though, it's paired with sending an email.  So when OAS is updated, automatically an email is sent.

The way this has been going so far... I raise you $10 on 2600!  Haha

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are coming today.

Just now, Macgirl said:

that doesnt make sense because the people who applied early would have to come first, which means tomorrow would be regular deadline.. I feel...

In the past, all regrets have come out on the same day regardless of early/regular applicant. Early applicant just got their interview offers a day early

I called UBC MD Admissions about 30 minutes ago and was told that we will be getting an update email this week, but invitations will not come out this week. They are still figuring out when to release them. I hope this helps everyone with the wait! I know how stressful it can be. :) 

3 minutes ago, caspase-3 said:

I called UBC MD Admissions about 30 minutes ago and was told that we will be getting an update email this week, but invitations will not come out this week. They are still figuring out when to release them. I hope this helps everyone with the wait! I know how stressful it can be. :) 

Did they say anything about when regrets will come out? Or would that be the same as invitations?

8 minutes ago, caspase-3 said:

Ok good!  Thanks for checking!  Glad my joke didn’t actually come true... :P

I wonder how many applications they’re sifting through since they’re still thinking about when to release decisions (as in, nothing has been finalized yet).  This is why I asked earlier what everyone thinks about how many applied.  It’s quite different than previous years, which is why it’s interesting.

3 minutes ago, lorde said:

Did they say anything about when regrets will come out? Or would that be the same as invitations?

I just asked when they would let us know either way, they did not say anything about different dates for invites vs rejections. When I applied last year, rejections were on a Monday and then invites on Wednesday/Thursday so maybe it will be the same system again this year?

Guys, I'm kind of worried lol. Does the fact that they are taking this long mean there was a MASSIVE spike in the number of applicants? If so, do you think that NAQ will be scored more rigorously and AQ formula will be harsh. What do you think this means for the average GPA % this year? While we are on that topic, what do you think my chances are this cycle with a 91.09% GPA for an OOP applicant. Last year I was 2 points away from cut-off. This year, I re-wrote most of my entries from last year, added some new ones, increased hours, etc.

Archived