Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2019 Interview -- DISCUSSIONS

medafter30

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dreamer10 said:

Guys what is level of French that is expected in McGill Montreal FM interview ? 

2 hours ago, freewheeler said:

No idea to be honest, but I would think if they're interviewing you in French you should at least be conversational.

The english stream is in english of course but I've heard 1-2 questions will be asked in french. Some had more but I believe they had stated that they are conversational on their app. 

16 hours ago, medigeek said:

The english stream is in english of course but I've heard 1-2 questions will be asked in french. Some had more but I believe they had stated that they are conversational on their app. 

From what I remember the app said French is an asset and high school level would be a good base, but it never said it was required. FWIW I got an interview to mcgill and clearly stated my french is not conversational in the personal letter lol

6 hours ago, qszwdxefc said:

From what I remember the app said French is an asset and high school level would be a good base, but it never said it was required. FWIW I got an interview to mcgill and clearly stated my french is not conversational in the personal letter lol

Did you state a desire to learn??

13 minutes ago, moonwalker2099 said:

Anyone (IMGs and CMGs, respectively) receive IM invitations from WESTERN, USASK, MANITOBA, TORONTO, or MCMASTER?  I saw that someone had posted invites - but the forum has been extremely quiet today...

I've got nothing thus far. Apparently they sent out logins at 9 am? I'm not sure if this is accurate for every program though.

23 minutes ago, moonwalker2099 said:

Anyone (IMGs and CMGs, respectively) receive IM invitations from WESTERN, USASK, MANITOBA, TORONTO, or MCMASTER?  I saw that someone had posted invites - but the forum has been extremely quiet today...

Login information to the portal was sent out at 12PM EST today. All of the schools you mentioned released their invites via that portal. 

Archived