Premed 101 Forums
medafter30

CaRMS 2019 Interview -- DISCUSSIONS

3 hours ago, Dreamer10 said:

Guys what is level of French that is expected in McGill Montreal FM interview ? 

2 hours ago, freewheeler said:

No idea to be honest, but I would think if they're interviewing you in French you should at least be conversational.

The english stream is in english of course but I've heard 1-2 questions will be asked in french. Some had more but I believe they had stated that they are conversational on their app. 

16 hours ago, medigeek said:

The english stream is in english of course but I've heard 1-2 questions will be asked in french. Some had more but I believe they had stated that they are conversational on their app. 

From what I remember the app said French is an asset and high school level would be a good base, but it never said it was required. FWIW I got an interview to mcgill and clearly stated my french is not conversational in the personal letter lol

6 hours ago, qszwdxefc said:

From what I remember the app said French is an asset and high school level would be a good base, but it never said it was required. FWIW I got an interview to mcgill and clearly stated my french is not conversational in the personal letter lol

Did you state a desire to learn??

On 12/24/2018 at 7:06 PM, moonwalker2099 said:

Any IMGs here have any update on the Ortho invites from NOSM or UToronto? 

Happy Holidays everyone!

From my understanding all invites have gone out. 

2 hours ago, 2019CaRMS said:

Anyone know if there's any general timeline we can expect to hear from the IM invites on the 3rd? Like do they all release at 9am local time?

I think notifications are all sent tomorrow at 12pm EST. You can register for your dates on January 3rd IIRC.

3 hours ago, coldpizzahotsriracha said:

Ahh. From your earlier comment I thought they were being sent on the 2nd but we must be in different time zones then. Thanks. 

Yeah, sorry about that! Realized that after reading your message!

23 hours ago, Northern light said:

Anybody knows, whether University of Manitoba has sent already invitations for FM northern and remote program, IMGs stream or not yet?!

Usually, UManitoba will send out one central invite for all streams. Not sure if they have indicated otherwise this year?

13 minutes ago, moonwalker2099 said:

Anyone (IMGs and CMGs, respectively) receive IM invitations from WESTERN, USASK, MANITOBA, TORONTO, or MCMASTER?  I saw that someone had posted invites - but the forum has been extremely quiet today...

I've got nothing thus far. Apparently they sent out logins at 9 am? I'm not sure if this is accurate for every program though.

23 minutes ago, moonwalker2099 said:

Anyone (IMGs and CMGs, respectively) receive IM invitations from WESTERN, USASK, MANITOBA, TORONTO, or MCMASTER?  I saw that someone had posted invites - but the forum has been extremely quiet today...

Login information to the portal was sent out at 12PM EST today. All of the schools you mentioned released their invites via that portal. 

All invitations for IM has been already sent out. They only send invitations. UBC and Queens send rejections as well but other programs send only invitations.

4 hours ago, Fleming said:

Login information to the portal was sent out at 12PM EST today. All of the schools you mentioned released their invites via that portal. 

Has anyone received an interview invite but no login information for the portal? The login is emailed yes?