Premed 101 Forums

UofA 2023 DDS/MD MMI Interview Prep

Hey everyone,

I am currently enrolled as a third-year undergraduate student at the UofA, and have applied for this year's admission cycle (DDS Class of 2023).

I haven't noticed much activity on this forum yet, so I thought it would be good to initiate this thread myself and see if anyone would be interested.

If any of you would like to get the MMI prep group going, please leave a comment here or feel free to message me as well, if that's what you prefer. I prepared for my MMI last year this way with a bunch of people applying to Medicine and some applying to Dentistry and personally found it to be quite helpful. It was also a nice study break and I loved the experience in general. 

If anyone would like to get a head start on it and start practicing now, please let me know! I'd love to meet all of you to share some thoughts, stories and hopefully make new friends as well! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have already sent a PM to stealth, just waiting for his response! @yampotato I also sent you a PM like a long time ago haha. Check your inbox!

And @icewater9, I will send you a PM soon here. Once we have enough people we can get this thing going and hopefully we'll have enough to practice with some mock stations, like we did last year. It was a great way to prep for the MMI.

If anyone else is interested, just leave a comment and I'll send you a PM! Excited to meet more people in the upcoming year :)

• 3 weeks later...

No, this will be an in-person prep group. We can all meet on campus and just find empty lecture halls to practice, as I did last year with the previous group!

If anyone is interested please just message me with your names or a facebook link to your profile, I'll add you to our groupchat!

Looking forward to seeing you all :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply! Haven't been active much lately due to school/other things to attend.

If people were still interested, could you all kindly send me a pm? I think I mentioned that in the above comment as well.

For some reason I'm having difficulty  trying to send a message to other people on here, as two people told me they never got my messages even though I did send them...:huh:

And yes ^, invites came out a few days ago! There's a new thread on here regarding that.

Hey everyone,

I had an interview in 2018 with GPA 3.79 and Dat 57 which I was very surprised to get an interview. Now 2019 have a GPA 3.85 and DAT 69 and didn't receive an interview invite. Anyone experienced this before? I'm really confused as to what is going on or if the university made a mistake. 

Archived