Premed 101 Forums

Took 4 courses in one year. Will Ottawa count it?

Hey guys,

I only took 4 full year courses in my 2nd year of university. I took a 1.0 course in the summer to make up for it... but NOT during the summer afterwards. I made up for it a few summers afterwards. Will this be ok? Will Ottawa count that year when I completed the 4.0 courses?

4 hours ago, TheOne said:

Hey guys,

I only took 4 full year courses in my 2nd year of university. I took a 1.0 course in the summer to make up for it... but NOT during the summer afterwards. I made up for it a few summers afterwards. Will this be ok? Will Ottawa count that year when I completed the 4.0 courses?

Yes you can complete your summer courses in a different year to make up for the missing credits.

9 hours ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

Yes you can complete your summer courses in a different year to make up for the missing credits.

Thanks. I completed 15 credits between the summer of 2014 and the summer of 2017. I suppose this will be OK? I just want to be 100% sure before I complete a few of the prerequisites I am missing for uOttawa

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

Thanks. I completed 15 credits between the summer of 2014 and the summer of 2017. I suppose this will be OK? I just want to be 100% sure before I complete a few of the prerequisites I am missing for uOttawa

Yes that's fine. If you complete at least 3 years towards a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 courses per semester in those years and where the missing credits is coming from summer courses (doesn't matter which summer is taken in) or another academic year you'll be eligible. 

Archived