Premed 101 Forums

2019 IMG CaRMS Interviews or Rejections

On 12/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, Labqiwi said:

My friend spoke to uoft ortho and said letters should be coming out next week as well. The letters will say yay or nay basically. This was a phone call today at 2pm. 

But again, not sure. I haven’t heard anything either.

Nothing still... I guess this is it!

44 minutes ago, moonwalker2099 said:

It's nuts that I didn't even get an interview. I have 4 months of orthopaedic electives and 3 publications. It's such a crummy system. Lol

Ortho is one of the most competitive specialties (outside of Canada), so it is not too surprising that some of that competitiveness has creeped back into Canada, especially among IMGs. 

Hey guys,

I have applied to 6 Psychiatry programs in Ontario.  I have only heard back from McMaster that I was not invited for an interview.  Has anyone else heard from any other Ontario Psychiatry  programs?

Just saw on the CaRMS website that the programs are only contacting those who are invited for interview and won't even send an e-mail to those that are not! How hard is it for them to send a general e-mail vs. leaving us hanging?!

I'm guessing with most programs if we don't hear back on Monday (Dec 31) that means no interview as most programs are interviewing mid Jan for Psych.  Best of luck everyone!  

Not sure when to stop checking my email for more interviews, is it safe to assume that they've all been given out by now? I have a couple but was really hoping to hear back from sask and didnt :/ (family med) 

I have heard that sask interviews come out quite late (a current resident told me she heard back in January last year) but not sure how late/ if they are all out 

good luck everyone! 

1 hour ago, saskdr101 said:

Not sure when to stop checking my email for more interviews, is it safe to assume that they've all been given out by now? I have a couple but was really hoping to hear back from sask and didnt :/ (family med) 

I have heard that sask interviews come out quite late (a current resident told me she heard back in January last year) but not sure how late/ if they are all out 

good luck everyone! 

I think invites are only coming out in the event where people cancel now. I got rejected from Ottawa Ortho today but when I called their office on Monday, the program administrator said that they were in the process of "confirming" several candidates. I interpreted this that they were waiting for emails from Candidates to whether they are declining or accepting an interview offer.....

I think the match cycle this year is very competitive for all specialties....

• 10 months later...