Premed 101 Forums

Anyone's Application Status Changed Yet??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FatherFranklin said:

Mine is still “submitted on”

last year they sent out all the invites on January 19th but we gotta wait until February 11th this time. More waiting, and less time to prepare for interviews :( 

Well the interviews are later this year 

-I doubt U of C would post the invitations to interview on Feb 11th or thereabouts, and still hold the interviews at the same time they did last year. That could be a problem for those who have to make travel arrangements, as it would be quite last minute $$ 

-My application reads "awaiting a decision regarding interviews" and has since last week. Clearly, they are still in the process of evaluating the last few files, as they said is the case on their blog.

-Also per the blog, the number of applicants keep increasing, which is undoubtedly why it's taking longer this year. At least they are offering more of us an interview as a result, which is great. I wonder if more schools will do that? I have not heard that's the case. 

Good luck everyone! 

Hopefully, this will ease some anxiety:

1) It really does not matter at all when your status changes - it's highly dependent on when your file reviewers finish evaluating your application... Don't overthink this.

2) Referees are checked after interview invites are sent out. In fact, I know of several people who had some of their references contacted AFTER they got an acceptance letter. It's a random process for the most part, as far as I understand.

3) Last year, the last interview date was March 3rd (I think), so there's a relatively similar amount of time to "prepare". Realistically, you can't change who you are as a person within 3 weeks - just be yourself and don't overthink it!

Good luck everyone!

Archived