Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Cut-off for C/P

Hi all, I'm wondering what the individual section cut-offs have been for the MCAT in the past. I know this is not entirely known, and I have browsed the interview invite feeds, but if one has a good GPA (3.99), would you still get screened out with a 509 (125/128/128/128)? 

Thanks for the help! 

45 minutes ago, candycane1 said:

125/125/129/129 = 508 Chances?

As mentioned above, no one really knows. But I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting an interview with less than a 126 in a section, and even then they were around 515 or higher. The 125(s) likely screens you out from reaching file review.

5 hours ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

Think maybe a 511 with all sections at or above 127 would be good enough not to get screened? Got rejected from UBC yesterday so all my hope is on Queen's :(

Honestly it is all just speculation on the Queens forum. After reading your UBC posts, I really hope you get that interview to Queens though. With all subsections over 127 you certainly are not in a bad place though, having a balanced score is probably seen as a positive? 

I'd recommend not investing so much in thinking that possessing MCAT and GPA to what aligns with previous years should give you 'good chances'.

I know several people, one with a 128+ on each section, and a 3.9+ GPA that didn't get an interview to Queen's over several application years, yet interviewed elsewhere (their ECs are also really good, by my standards at least). 

Queen's really is a mystery. 

The MCAT cutoffs change each year I think, I know of someone who received an interview last cycle with a GPA in the low 3.8s and a 509 MCAT with a 125 in one section and 126 in another.  My educated guess is that each year, their cutoff for GPA is low 3.8s or high 3.7s, and their MCAT cutoff is 125-126 per section, with an overall cutoff between 508-511. 

1 hour ago, Baljinderthecrow said:

The MCAT cutoffs change each year I think, I know of someone who received an interview last cycle with a GPA in the low 3.8s and a 509 MCAT with a 125 in one section and 126 in another.  My educated guess is that each year, their cutoff for GPA is low 3.8s or high 3.7s, and their MCAT cutoff is 125-126 per section, with an overall cutoff between 508-511. 

Do they look at all 4 years for a cut-off or last 2 years?

Archived