Premed 101 Forums

Verifier didn’t respond?

Hi everyone,

One of my verifiers told me that they were given a deadline of this morning. One of my verifiers didn’t complete their form (even after me following up). I’m wondering if the deadline is the same to everyone? Is this going to reflect negatively on me? :/

Are they able to get an extension?? 

Thanks!

I was a verifier for someone's application and was given the same deadline, so it's possible it was a standard deadline.

I don't think it'll reflect negatively on you however, because ultimately it's out of your control. If anything, I think it'll be a broad overview - if none of your verifiers responded, then that might be a sign that the candidate isn't being truthful on their application but if all except 1-2 reply, I don't think it'll be a big deal.

4 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Hi everyone,

One of my verifiers told me that they were given a deadline of this morning. One of my verifiers didn’t complete their form (even after me following up). I’m wondering if the deadline is the same to everyone? Is this going to reflect negatively on me? :/

Are they able to get an extension?? 

Thanks!

I sure hope not because one of my verifiers didn’t respond by today either. A deadline of 2 weeks for verifications that are out of your control (and you can’t even check if you’re activity has been verified), is a bit absurd in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, xiphoid said:

I was a verifier for someone's application and was given the same deadline, so it's possible it was a standard deadline.

I don't think it'll reflect negatively on you however, because ultimately it's out of your control. If anything, I think it'll be a broad overview - if none of your verifiers responded, then that might be a sign that the candidate isn't being truthful on their application but if all except 1-2 reply, I don't think it'll be a big deal.

Ok, that's very reassuring to hear - THANK YOU!

41 minutes ago, Atwood-45 said:

I sure hope not because one of my verifiers didn’t respond by today either. A deadline of 2 weeks for verifications that are out of your control (and you can’t even check if you’re activity has been verified), is a bit absurd in my opinion. 

So, my 2 verifiers that hadn't submitted actually tried after the deadline passed and the links were still working. One of them submitted, and the other one was planning on submitting today too. So, if your verifier is still down to do it - better late than never??

Does U of A contact applicants if a verifier doesn’t respond? 

Also does anyone know what the message on the sign in page to the application means? “For those of you who have been notified about a second round of requests, these will go out after Dec 10”

what do they mean by second round of requests?

40 minutes ago, amygdala said:

Does U of A contact applicants if a verifier doesn’t respond? 

Also does anyone know what the message on the sign in page to the application means? “For those of you who have been notified about a second round of requests, these will go out after Dec 10”

what do they mean by second round of requests?

I interpret this as if you’re verifiers were deeemed inappropriate they would have contacted for an alternative verifier 

Archived