Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frederick Sanger

What are the odds of a second round of regrets?

23 minutes ago, Frederick Sanger said:

Are the invites now expected to be sent tomorrow? Or there will be elements of a new surprise? 

I understand it is speculative, but insights are always appreciated. 

I think if you didn't hear back, an interview invite is likely. Given the trend over the past 5 years, today should be quiet, Wednesday should be early invites, Thursday should be regular invites. I don't see a reason that the adcom would change this.

3 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

I think if you didn't hear back, an interview invite is likely. Given the trend over the past 5 years, today should be quiet, Wednesday should be early invites, Thursday should be regular invites. I don't see a reason that the adcom would change this.

Maybe they troll this forum and they'll change it for fun to watch us suffer :ph34r:

This is my first application so not familiar with the typical schedules for rejections/invites. To be honest I feel that either they are sending more rejection waves, or just going to sprinkle in another rejection sometime this week and reject me lol. 

My scores do not stack up to the people who have posted, as well as people I know in person lol 

3 minutes ago, Poloma said:

Maybe they troll this forum and they'll change it for fun to watch us suffer :ph34r:

I feel your pain- I have been checking my email and the OAS system every hour it feels like since the emails started coming out yesterday. The wait is brutal!

2 minutes ago, Poloma said:

Hahaha :lol:

7 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

I do agree with this, but then again... this application cycle has proven its "wild" character multiple times now; anything can happen.  Personally, I won't assume anything until that interview invite is sent!  For now, let's continue to pray my brothers and sisters.

2 hours ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

This is my first application so not familiar with the typical schedules for rejections/invites. To be honest I feel that either they are sending more rejection waves, or just going to sprinkle in another rejection sometime this week and reject me lol. 

My scores do not stack up to the people who have posted, as well as people I know in person lol 

UBC looks for a diversity of things in its scoring. It's not all just the sheer number of ECs. Life experience, commitment, maturity, etc. and the way those things come through in how your NAQs are written can have a a really big effect on how the people reading your application will interpret and score it. You may stack up much better than you realize!

I can't imagine they're going to substantially change the pattern this year *knock on wood* -- UBC is actually pretty consistent year-to-year in it's notification timing. Try not to worry too much you guys, I know how much the wait sucks!