Premed 101 Forums

Which is the most suitable interview time?

Congratulations to those of us lucky enough to get an interview invite this year!!

With regard to interview time, what do you think is an appropriate time for someone commuting 5 hrs to UBC for the interview the night before? I'm really liking the 11:00 AM time slot but I usually get hungry at 11 AM so do you think this is a deal breaker or am I over analyzing? 

Any other things I should consider when choosing a time?

Thanks a million,

Gambino

27 minutes ago, Gambinoooo said:

Congratulations to those of us lucky enough to get an interview invite this year!!

With regard to interview time, what do you think is an appropriate time for someone commuting 5 hrs to UBC for the interview the night before? I'm really liking the 11:00 AM time slot but I usually get hungry at 11 AM so do you think this is a deal breaker or am I over analyzing? 

Any other things I should consider when choosing a time?

Thanks a million,

Gambino

The 11 and 1:45 pm slots are both good choices I think. I did 11am and was happy with it — not so early that I was rushed, but not so late that I was agonizing about it all day in the lead up. 

I think it would suck to be hungry during the interview, but there’s usually lot of food there for you to snack on after you’ve checked in and before the interviews start. 

14 minutes ago, Dent1995 said:

If you think there's a chance you might get nervous and have trouble sleeping then having a 1:45 time could be an option as well, but in terms of hunger you could not eat from around 11-3 and get used to it before the interview. 

I like that, I'll go with 11 and work at it thanks!

5 minutes ago, frenchpress said:

The 11 and 1pm slots are both good choices I think. I did 11am and was happy with it — not so early that I was rushed, but not so late that I was agonizing about it all day in the lead up. 

I think it would suck to be hungry during the interview, but there’s usually lot of food there for you to snack on after you’ve checked in and before the interviews start. 

Thanks for the positive testimonial, 11 it is!

Archived