Premed 101 Forums

I completed my pharmacy degree abroad (Egypt). My parents decided to leave Canada and move back to Egypt,  and guess what? Had to leave with them. However, i decided to move back to Canada after completing pharmacy.  Im currently a licensed Pharmacist  in Ontario.  I hold a bachelors degree and  wish to apply to medical school. My average in pharmacy was around 86%. I still need to take my MCATs. I am also thinking about completing  my PharmD, in hopes to strengthen my application.

Im not sure where to start, and do i even have a chance?  Will my international undergrad hold be back a little bit ? 

I am looking for an advice or any feedback

Thanks for taking the time to read through this :)

3 hours ago, Mary125 said:

I completed my pharmacy degree abroad (Egypt). My parents decided to leave Canada and move back to Egypt,  and guess what? Had to leave with them. However, i decided to move back to Canada after completing pharmacy.  Im currently a licensed Pharmacist  in Ontario.  I hold a bachelors degree and  wish to apply to medical school. My average in pharmacy was around 86%. I still need to take my MCATs. I am also thinking about completing  my PharmD, in hopes to strengthen my application.

Im not sure where to start, and do i even have a chance?  Will my international undergrad hold be back a little bit ? 

I am looking for an advice or any feedback

Thanks for taking the time to read through this :)

You should check with the World education service and convert ur Egyptian degree to Canadian grades. What the WES says is ur GPA is how ur GPA will be interpreted. Don't bother completing your pharmD if it takes years to do, it won't help your application. 

https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/

Archived