Premed 101 Forums

Personalized Med School Admissions Seminar (led by Canadian MD/Admissions Committee Member)

Looking to get a competitive edge on your medical school application? Want practice for the medical school admissions interview? Want tips on how best to review for the MCAT and plan out your journey to medical school?

Experienced Education is hosting a medical school admissions seminar run by a Canadian MD and current admissions committee member to give you those tips that prep session companies may be missing. You also get a PERSONALIZED medical school application review or a 15-minute mock admissions interview!

Check out the following event page for information about seminar topics and tickets.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1396817533786368/

Eventbrite/Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/med-school-admissions-seminar-plus-1-on-1-consultation-led-by-canadian-md-tickets-53456667331?fbclid=IwAR39zLqXvRgww76NZ2YQc9nClWm0HxZzVC8L3DdacBkuZU2s8bXdMZpV44Q

This is disgusting.  All you're doing is essentially capitalizing on the fears, hopes, and dreams of students who will probably throw a bunch of money at you in the naive hope that they are able to somehow get ahead in this rat race.  Nice job promoting yourself. Totally pathetic, maybe you should have gone to business school. 

17 minutes ago, TalsKnight said:

This is disgusting.  All you're doing is essentially capitalizing on the fears, hopes, and dreams of students who will probably throw a bunch of money at you in the naive hope that they are able to somehow get ahead in this rat race.  Nice job promoting yourself. Totally pathetic, maybe you should have gone to business school. 

LOL what? I hope you're joking. I personally would never pay for application-help related services but there is an actual demand for this type of stuff. People pay for MCAT prep courses, interview prep, tutoring, etc. because they feel like it will help them. Unless if the event/company that OP is promoting is known for being a scam, I don't see how anything he/she is doing is wrong. There is no apparent attempt of deceiving people whatsoever in their post. This whole subsection of the forums is dedicated for people trying to sell/seek such services, so they are clearly welcome to promote their services here.

Just now, bigboydyo said:

LOL what? I hope you're joking. I personally would never pay for application-help related services but there is an actual demand for this type of stuff. People pay for MCAT prep courses, interview prep, tutoring, etc. because they feel like it will help them. Unless if the event/company that OP is promoting is known for being a scam, I don't see how anything he/she is doing is wrong. There is no apparent attempt of deceiving people whatsoever in their post. This whole subsection of the forums is dedicated for people trying to sell/seek such services, so they are clearly welcome to promote their services here.

These services are scams that often charge ridiculous amounts of money for advice you could probably get for free on SDN, Premed101, or by participating in MMI prep groups often formed on facebook by applicants who were invited for an interview. The process of getting into medical school is simple. The better your grades, EC's, and MCAT are the better chance you have. Paying some company who offers to "review" your application is a waste of money. But of course, where there is an opportunity to make money people will flock to it right?

15 minutes ago, TalsKnight said:

These services are scams that often charge ridiculous amounts of money for advice you could probably get for free on SDN, Premed101, or by participating in MMI prep groups often formed on facebook by applicants who were invited for an interview. The process of getting into medical school is simple. The better your grades, EC's, and MCAT are the better chance you have. Paying some company who offers to "review" your application is a waste of money. But of course, where there is an opportunity to make money people will flock to it right?

We're sorry you feel this way about these types of companies, but we are offering a genuine service. It's true that there is free advice out there, but we are trying to offer authentic tips and information that isn't found online or in other prep courses.  We are a business and we really do believe that personalized advice from someone who has experience in admissions would benefit a potential applicant.

1 hour ago, IMislove said:

This reminds me of a blog post by none other than my vice dean :https://meds.queensu.ca/ugme-blog/archives/2667

Thank you for sharing this.  Great read and basically sums up exactly how I feel about these sorts of things. Sanfilippo also highlighted as issue I never even thought about and that is the divulging of information after signing a non disclosure agreement. If someone is basically offering insider information about the process for let's say $400, well, what an ethical dilemma. They are essentially saying their integrity is worth that much. And most of these people are medical students or residents. What about if they are in a clinical situation which involves preserving confidentiality or patient information/privacy? Would their integrity all of a sudden not be for sale or would they give in for a dollar amount? Or what about if they are asked to endorse certain medications which might have serious side effects? It's not a secret the pharmaceutical industry has bribed physicians in the past. What a time to be alive.  I mean, just look at this stuff. "We are trying to offer authentic tips and information that isn't found online or in other prep courses." Yeah, maybe it's not supposed to be found online for a reason pal.

Archived