Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta 2019 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2023

Daria.Strel

15 hours ago, pharm222 said:

I applied, don't think my interview went all that well but I got into UBC so I will not be accepting UofA's ( if I even get an offer lol ). good luck to you guys who are waiting i know how stressful it is not knowing where you stand... ill be praying for you all 

Nice, you got into UBC! What was your GPA?

2 hours ago, LethyPharm said:

I just got my acceptance this morning as well! was not expecting it this soon!

I am an in province student with 3.7 cumulative GPA and 3.96 for my last 2 years. This past year i had a 4.0 with a full course load of 30 credits. 

What was your prereq GPA? Also, your 2 year GPA is considered to be your cumulative GPA by the pharmacy faculty. Also, in a previous post you said you had a 3.94 GPA for your last 30 credits. 

OOP applicant with 3.1 GPA first year pre reqs and 3.94 last 30 credits.

3 hours ago, InterinPharm said:

What was your prereq GPA? Also, your 2 year GPA is considered to be your cumulative GPA by the pharmacy faculty. Also, in a previous post you said you had a 3.94 GPA for your last 30 credits. 

im not sure what my pre req GPA is exactly then if you are talking about the required 60 credits. It is probably around a 3.5 or 3.6. And yes, my last two years ended up higher than i previously thought it would be.  

On 6/14/2019 at 10:32 AM, PharmDapp said:

Hey! My transcript and degree status has not been updated on Beartracks yet. It shows up on my to do list. I talked to Angela and she said it has been received. Is there anyone else who has the same problem? I am from U of C. 

Hey! I'm from UofC and I'm having the same problem :(

On 6/14/2019 at 10:32 AM, PharmDapp said:

Hey! My transcript and degree status has not been updated on Beartracks yet. It shows up on my to do list. I talked to Angela and she said it has been received. Is there anyone else who has the same problem? I am from U of C. 

I’m also from UofC and no problems here! If Angela has it then there should be no worries!

19 minutes ago, litty said:

I'm confused by the fact that they send out multiple rounds of acceptances and rejections? Like they don't intend to fill all their seats on the first round or they just space out when they plan to send all the emails out?

That's how admissions process works, admission emails are sent to people in four rounds, after the four rounds all the seats (130) are filled. Not all at once. The first round of admission emails from June 14-16 were for the very top applicants (again, those with 4.0 GPAs or close to that).