Premed 101 Forums
HopefulDDS

UWO admissions selection process

On 1/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, HopefulDDS said:

What about before the interview? What would cause a seemingly competitive applicant to not get an interview?

Ah that's a lot more subjective. I'm not sure how exactly they rank applicants but ABS and personal statements def play a big role because my friend didn't even get an interview at Western yet ended up being accepted to McGill ...

1 hour ago, toothurty said:

Ah that's a lot more subjective. I'm not sure how exactly they rank applicants but ABS and personal statements def play a big role because my friend didn't even get an interview at Western yet ended up being accepted to McGill ...

Was her best 2 years and RC still competitive because I believe McGill looks at GPA differently and barely looks at the DAT if at all? If competitive, did she have any research or shadowing under her belt?

On 1/10/2019 at 7:47 PM, HopefulDDS said:

Was her best 2 years and RC still competitive because I believe McGill looks at GPA differently and barely looks at the DAT if at all? If competitive, did she have any research or shadowing under her belt?

I don't know dog but worrying about your application isn't going to change anything believe me. My advice for everyone applying out there, if you get in this year amazing, congratulations, if you don't - do what you can to improve your application and try again next year! There's people in my class in their late 20's / early 30's, people with 2 undergrads, people with masters, people who have written the DAT multiple times, interviewed multiple times etc. If dentistry is something you're passionate about it is definitely attainable.