Premed 101 Forums

Radiology CaRMS group chat?

vgher

I once saw there was a facebook group chat for radiology CaRMS applicants across the country in one previous year. Are people interested in creating a 2019 CaRMS Facebook group for radiology? I am not exactly too sure about the details, but I would imagine the group can be helpful for interview date exchange, travel plans (and post-CaRMS celebration :). We can create one if there is enough interest. Thanks.

UBC MD 2019

ha exciting (speaking as a rad grad) - also in general if anyone has any questions myself and other radiology people on the forum I am sure would be happy to help. Wasn't that long ago (at least in my mind ha) when I was going through the process)

and of course good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, rmorelan said:

ha exciting (speaking as a rad grad) - also in general if anyone has any questions myself and other radiology people on the forum I am sure would be happy to help. Wasn't that long ago (at least in my mind ha) when I was going through the process)

and of course good luck to everyone!

Hey rmorelan, any tips on what a rads applicant can do in terms of time conflicts between radiology interviews? Western Canada seems like a mess for a lot of people. I have two interviews scheduled on the same date at the same time in different provinces and it sucks knowing I'll likely have to drop one as I really liked both programs 

19 hours ago, Radsinthefuture said:

Hey rmorelan, any tips on what a rads applicant can do in terms of time conflicts between radiology interviews? Western Canada seems like a mess for a lot of people. I have two interviews scheduled on the same date at the same time in different provinces and it sucks knowing I'll likely have to drop one as I really liked both programs 

Yeah that sucks - and it has been that way for years. Some people have tried to get the date moved or time changed in the past with contacting the schools, and even used this forum to try and figure out some sort of swap. The schools don't like it either as some of the programs out there are often I suppose to be a bit blunt are ranked lower overall than other places - it doesn't help them then to be on top of that excluding people from being able to interview there. Particularly for people like yourself that have a keen interest in the programs. 

So stupid - we need a system where all the schools have a fair shot at things. I am amazed those schools haven't kicked up a much bigger fuss over this. 

12 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

Yeah that sucks - and it has been that way for years. Some people have tried to get the date moved or time changed in the past with contacting the schools, and even used this forum to try and figure out some sort of swap. The schools don't like it either as some of the programs out there are often I suppose to be a bit blunt are ranked lower overall than other places - it doesn't help them then to be on top of that excluding people from being able to interview there. Particularly for people like yourself that have a keen interest in the programs. 

So stupid - we need a system where all the schools have a fair shot at things. I am amazed those schools haven't kicked up a much bigger fuss over this. 

My understanding is that this was part of the drive for CaRMS...and initially there were more programs that were more organized, until competition between programs kicked up again and things went back to being fragmented. Not sure if it's true, but it's one of the many stories that the 70 year old anesthetist has been telling me in between cases :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived