Premed 101 Forums

Splitting NAQ Experiences

I volunteered at UBC Hospital in 3 different roles: Wayfinder, Ambulation Volunteer, and Exercise Group Volunteer. My roles/responsibilities for Wayfinding are completely different from the other two (which are both physiotherapy-related). Additionally, although Ambulation and Exercise Group are both physio-related, my Ambulation experience was in the Purdy pavilion (with seniors), while my Exercise Group experience was in TCU (with patients of all ages who had just come out of surgery). Would you recommend splitting this into three different experiences? I did each role for 1-2 years.

4 hours ago, Ss123toy said:

I volunteered at UBC Hospital in 3 different roles: Wayfinder, Ambulation Volunteer, and Exercise Group Volunteer. My roles/responsibilities for Wayfinding are completely different from the other two (which are both physiotherapy-related). Additionally, although Ambulation and Exercise Group are both physio-related, my Ambulation experience was in the Purdy pavilion (with seniors), while my Exercise Group experience was in TCU (with patients of all ages who had just come out of surgery). Would you recommend splitting this into three different experiences? I did each role for 1-2 years.

Probably yes.

Just because you did it all at one location doesn’t mean it’s the same job. If you had done them each at a different location would you consider them as three different experiences? If so, split them. 

The converse is also true. Sometimes you may have done the same role or job  for different organizations over a period of time — in that case, even though it was several different gigs, you might list it as one experience. 

Archived