Premed 101 Forums

Anatomic and General Pathology Interviews IMG

14 hours ago, path82 said:

In another forum (rxpgonline), people have confirmed that McMaster sent out IMG AP interviews (Dec 10th).

There is no information regarding other AP/GP IMG invites. 

Thank you.Do they still send invitations in January for Pathology?

This is my first time, so I am not too sure.

However, according to a post on the same forum, UofT and Queen's sent out IMG AP invites on Jan 8th, 2018 for the 2018 R-1 match.

There aren't many posts/updates from AP/GP applicants this year. Maybe IMGs who have received interview invites this match are not on forums (although I hope not). It would be good if programs sent out emails regarding interviews to all applicants, but they are only sent out to successful applicants.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, Abeline said:

Have you heard from Univ of Saskatchewan Gen Path program?Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I only know about UofA as my friend is an AP resident there

1 hour ago, SSS said:

any more recent news?  also is GP more competitive than AP?

I believe for CMG AP is more competitive and for IMG GP is more competitive just due to application trends. Domestic students seem to apply more to AP and IMG's more for GP.

Granted this is gleaned solely from NYE beers with some old classmates in the western Canadian schools

Thank you for your thoughts.  I should continue my NYE beers currently as invitations are not coming my way.  Any news other than the above for Ap invites?  any hope for invites next week or would you say it's too late?    

Archived