• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, first post on these forums!

Time Stamp: 1:10 PM
Invite/Reject: Invite

GPA: 3.88
CARS: 132
Casper: Seemed like it went well! Also did well on it last year based on feedback from my McGill app.

Geography: OOP

This is my first time applying out of province; I'm in QC and applied at McGill last year and was waitlisted but didn't get in. This year I have the MCAT so I applied OOP as well. I'm 30 and have been working full time in a medical-adjacent field since my undergrad finished in 2010. 

Lurked these forums forever, honoured to have gotten the invite!!! Didn't think it was possible, but here we are :D

Time Stamp: 1:54 PM
Invite/Reject:  Invite!!!

GPA: 3.45
CARS:  129
Casper:  Practiced A LOT. Read Doing Right, improved my typing speed. I think the most important thing was actually paying for practice and scoring, but obviously it's unclear if that's what helped the most.

Geography: IP

EDITS: I put my CARS in wrong! I got a 129. Got so excited. Also removed the pro-paid help stuff lol

Time Stamp: 1:09 PM
Invite/Reject: Reject

GPA: 3.71
CARS: 127 (513)
Casper: Seemed okay, I'm a really fast typer which i think helped

Expected the rejection given my GPA and average CARS. Landed an interview at U of M where i did undergrad (they adjust GPA and look at full MCAT) so I'm thinking casper should have been fine. Not expecting much from other Ontario schools. 

Time Stamp: 2:12
Invite/Reject: Reject

GPA: low 3.7x ... (my first year of UG I had a 2.9 GPA. I graduated last spring.)
CARS: 128
Casper: Thought it went great, but obviously not enough to offset the low cGPA.

Geography: IP

Oh well. This was expected, with my low cumulative GPA, but I thought it was worth a shot to put my name in for the Casper lottery. 

6 minutes ago, stethoscope2019 said:

Lurked these forums forever, honoured to have gotten the invite!!! Didn't think it was possible, but here we are :D

Time Stamp: 1:54 PM
Invite/Reject:  Invite!!!

GPA: 3.45
CARS:  126
Casper:  Practiced A LOT. Read Doing Right, improved my typing speed. I think the most important thing was actually paying for practice and scoring (I used CASPerfect). Hit me up if you have questions.

the email was sent at that time stamp? :O

Archived